No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Has a Proposal To Arum on Donaire-Mares, Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
    TR has leverage on both fights cause TR has the stars. Brandon is a star and Matthysse is a nobody, so that's a ridiculous proposal from Schaefer
    Pretty much. Oscar is pushing it when asking to buy out Rios. Oscar should be happy with anyone even fighting Matthyse so he should let Matthyse vs Rios be fully promoted by Bob as well. In fact, Bob risking Rios against Matthyse should be more than enough reward for Oscar in exchange the full promotional rights for both rights.

Anyway, Bob should just respond with "**** Mathyse, I'll give you Rios for a Garcia fight. He has a belt, Matthyse doesn't."

I'm not sure Donaire is necessarily bigger than Mares, but think of it this way. Does Donaire need Mares more than Mares needs Donaire? I'd say Mares need Donaire a lot more than Donaire needs Mares.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Arum would never go for this. First off, he can always make Donaire-Rigo, and although that's not a big money fight like Mares-Donaire, it will keep the fans satisfied and could be marketed correctly to a nice event. And plus the greedy bastard is probably gonna be patient and try to snatch Mares when his contract is up, it'd be a smart strategy. Regarding Rios, fighting Lucas is just too much of a big risk with such a small reward. He could just line up Rios against Pacquiao/Bradley/Alvarado/Marquez and those fights could be huge. Arum has groomed Rios for some big PPV fights, no way he throws him in there with a monster like Lucas for nothing.

Comment

**** just got real, but Arum will find a way to shoulder roll this.

But if happens Damn two great fights.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Pretty much. Oscar is pushing it when asking to buy out Rios. Oscar should be happy with anyone even fighting Matthyse so he should let Matthyse vs Rios be fully promoted by Bob as well. In fact, Bob risking Rios against Matthyse should be more than enough reward for Oscar in exchange the full promotional rights for both rights.

Anyway, Bob should just respond with "**** Mathyse, I'll give you Rios for a Garcia fight. He has a belt, Matthyse doesn't."

I'm not sure Donaire is necessarily bigger than Mares, but think of it this way. Does Donaire need Mares more than Mares needs Donaire? I'd say Mares need Donaire a lot more than Donaire needs Mares.
          no way oscar takes that, he not ready to cash out on Garcia 0 just yet

Comment

Donaire -Mares cool......

Matthysse-Rios nah...... Would rather Lucas get his shot at Garcia

Comment

interesting..

It's all BS on both sides.. bob arum will in no way, shape or form put two of his top stable fighters in with any risky gbp fighter.. i bet if they told him "we'll pay you a fee for rios vs mayweather" he'll jump on that on a heartbeat because of all the money he'll make.. and no credibility lost by rios losing.. **** arum **** oscar.. **** promotional companies.. US as fans should dictate who fights who.. after all is said and done.. WE pay the wages.. not arum not oscar not hbo.. hopefully OBAMA get's the goverment involved.. since these two clowns keep jacking the people out of their hard earned money.. with bogus fights.. come on.. pac/marquez (even though i'd love marquez to win) it's not intriguing anymore.. donaire/arce.. BEATING for $$.. arum bought bradley and "gave" him a win to promote him as "the man who beat pac".. lol.. we saw how good that went.. poor bradley now he's just sitting on the shelf.. ha ha.. i say like i've alway said.. go to a monetary system.. rank champs as the most valuable.. #1 contenders second most and so on and so forth.. that way you dont have chumps like donaire beating up on has beens.. or champions taking tune up after tune up vs popular old fighters..

Comment

we should just realize donaire and mares will never fight,donaire will go to 126 next year and I don't see mares doing the same,he not that big of a guy,to me 122 is as high as he should be,i can see arum matching donaire against salido if salido beats garcia

Comment

Danny Garcia is already booked up to fight Zab Judah, so that's a moot point in requesting him, at least right now.

I don't see Arum risking Rios's 0 to Lucas. Wayyyyy too high risk of a fight, for very little reward. There are bigger plans for Rios, and subjecting him to what could be a career changing fight with Matthysse isn't smart, from a business perspective.

I think Arum also knows he's thin at 140, and that's why he's rushing Rios along from 140 to 147 to fight Manny next year. Get him out of the GBP heavy division and move him up to a better Top Rank division.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    Donaire -Mares cool......

Matthysse-Rios nah...... Would rather Lucas get his shot at Garcia
                    No one at 140 deserves to get a title shot more than Matthysse. Rios vs Matthysse would be a great fight but its a waste of time for Matthysse.

Comment

This sounds fair to me. I highly doubt scumbag Arum would even consider this

Comment

Working...
                      X