No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Denis Boytsov in Limbo as Illness Derails Airich Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Denis Boytsov in Limbo as Illness Derails Airich Fight

Highly ranked Russian Denis Boytsov, 31-0, is ill and has been forced to pull out tomorrow´s fight against Konstantin Airich in Hamburg.

Universum´s show at the Wandsbeker Sporthall is still on though and feature cruiser Rahkim Chahkhiev, who defends the WBC Baltic title against Colombian Epifanio Mendoza, in the headliner. [Click Here To Read More]

this guy's career has been a series of sh#t like this strung together.

why the hell has ring mag rated him for such a long time? 171 weeks? oh, that's right... that sh#t is a joke.

Comment

Denis Boytsov has been a disappointment.

People like Kubrat Pulev who turned pro years after he did have fought better opposition and already have accomplished more.

Comment

This guy is a joke, anyway.

Comment

Damn, man, wait til the last minute why don't you? SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Denis Boytsov has been a disappointment.

People like Kubrat Pulev who turned pro years after he did have fought better opposition and already have accomplished more.
            real talk.

are his hands really as bad as they're reported to be?
            or do you suspect there's something else going on? i do seem to remember some disputes in his management and handling, but i could be mistaken.

you're my eye on the euro HW scene, so i suspect a proper answer,

Comment

I'll bet this has something to do with his contract with the failing Universum.

Comment

Sometimes **** happens, like injuries or sickness. Boytsov is a quality fighter with incredible speed for a HW. He'll be back!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  real talk.

are his hands really as bad as they're reported to be?
                  or do you suspect there's something else going on? i do seem to remember some disputes in his management and handling, but i could be mistaken.

you're my eye on the euro HW scene, so i suspect a proper answer,
                  His hand has been 100% healed since April 2011.

He told the Russian media that he no longer believes Universum.

He said he's been promised opportunities to fight top level opposition that haven't materialized. Denis seems to be getting fed up with Universum and the low-cost opposition they put him in with.

Chakhkiev has made similar comments.

In the summer, Wladimir Klitschko and K-2 offered Boytsov the Nov 10th fight, but Boytsov's promoter said no. So K-2 then approached Wach.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    His hand has been 100% healed since April 2011.

He told the Russian media that he no longer believes Universum.

He said he's been promised opportunities to fight top level opposition that haven't materialized. Denis seems to be getting fed up with Universum and the low-cost opposition they put him in with.

Chakhkiev has made similar comments.

In the summer, Wladimir Klitschko and K-2 offered Boytsov the Nov 10th fight, but Boytsov's promoter said no. So K-2 then approached Wach.

ship hiim to the states. it's not like our journeymen are any better, but at least the pressure to get him on a big network with a real opponent for six figures will be there.

Comment

Working...
                    X