Tito Has Some Words For Dana White.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tito Has Some Words For Dana White.

from fightline.com

Tito Ortiz is fighting undefeated Lyoto Machida at UFC 84 in what will likely be his last fight for the organization. Ortiz has been engaged in a public feud with UFC president Dana White over fighter pay and the two have been engaged in war of words for years. Here's the latest from Ortiz via video from Throwdown:
    Ortiz On Money:

It always comes down to, ‘Oh, Tito’s talking about money again.’ Yeah, because no one else will ****ing speak up. Speak up and speak your mind. Fight to be a fighter. If it wasn’t for me speaking up, Chuck Liddell would never have made his million dollars. I would never have made my million dollars. Randy Couture would never have made his million dollars.

Ortiz On Dana White:

Back then [Dana White] used to fight for things that I believe in. He fought for me to get paid more money…He was the guy battling for me. Now I’m battling against him. I’m not asking the fans for more money. I’m not asking you guys for more money. I’m asking the company that you guys pay for more money. We’re the modern day gladiators, and we’re getting treated like gladiators…those guys were slaves. I feel like a slave. Yeah, I get paid a little money, but these guys are keeping the big revenue.”

Ortiz On His Reasons For Speaking Out:

I just want to make sure that as fighters we’re getting respected and we’re getting treated right. Look at Randy Couture. One of the greatest heavyweight champions, one of the greatest light heavyweight champions, now he’s not shown on any pay-per-view, he’s not mentioned on any pay-per-view, his gym’s not mentioned, nothing’s mentioned of Randy Couture in the history of the UFC. Why? Because one person has a beef with him because he asked for more money? You know, Dana, stop being a *****. Pay us what we deserve.”

Special thanks for the assist goes out to our friends over at Cage Potato which is, bar none, the funniest MMA blog on the planet.

I guess we now know that he ain't comming back for a new contract after this fight for sure

Comment

hmmmm this whole money thing is getting mentioned alot nowadays...U know what would be even more ****ty? if a Tuffer gets paid more than Tito...has this happend yet? Hope UFC dont go down hill and lose their fighters, Dana White is a idiot.

Someone should send the Dick Head(Dana White) some hate mail except Lutter.

Comment

Never say never. When both sides can make money, people suddenly are able to co-exist.

Tito has already been 'rehired' once since speaking out publicly against Dana White.

Comment

tito's right......silva & GSP currently 1-2 p4p in the ufc and they barely scratch $300,000 come on dana............u know ppv buys are thru the roof and its not like their going all out in advertisements.......

Comment

this is a perfect example of why fighters should never reveal how much they make-- i bet if tito kept things behind closed doors and came with a professional approach he would have had more success

Comment

the ufc cutting many of their fighters over the last month means less money in salaries for the ufc to have to pay out..........maybe they will take this money and pay their current fighters more???????

Comment

If the fighters had more control and better representation then this problem wouldn't happen. They need someone to speak out for them. As fans, it doesn't really involve us nor should it but the point is Dana is keeping money that is theirs and it shouldn't happen

Comment

At the same time, lets not act like its all Dana, he's just a puppet, the Feritta Bros are the ones who actually own the joint

Comment

Originally posted by Dice View Post
                    At the same time, lets not act like its all Dana, he's just a puppet, the Feritta Bros are the ones who actually own the joint
                    that along with Joe Silva being the match maker- he decides who fights who...not dana

Comment

Working...
                    X