No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward on Shoulder Surgery, Pavlik Cancellation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward on Shoulder Surgery, Pavlik Cancellation

After Andre Ward was forced to pull out of a scheduled super middleweight title defense against Kelly Pavlik, he released a statement through his publicist, Julie Goldsticker:

“When I first got injured, there was a lot of inflammation, and the MRI was misread by the first radiologist. I’ve been doing extensive rehab and the shoulder was getting stronger, but after three and a half weeks of rehab, there was still slight pain that had me concerned enough to get two additional opinions,” Ward said. “It was then diagnosed that there is a small tear in my shoulder capsule. It’s not a major tear, but I can either rest it and see if it heals itself or speed up the process by surgically repairing it, and be stronger than I was before the injury and that’s what we opted to do.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

I really wish more fighters would follow the Donaire blueprint and fight more often.

Comment

Bute v.s pavlik next then make it happen

Comment

Pavlik saved a hellacious beating thanks to a small tear. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
          I really wish more fighters would follow the Donaire blueprint and fight more often.
          This is the first time he's fought four times in a year since 2005, and he did it against top 10 opposition (was Arce top 10??). I'll be very surprised if he fights four times in 2013. Mares/Rigo/Quigg/Darchinyan rematch would be a great 2013 imho.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 12-27-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
            you cant stop injuries. and donaire had a real busy year yes, but i think youre forgetting that the year before, and before that and before that and before that, he was only fighting once or twice a year against unranked opponents. dont suck him up too much over 1 active year

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              This is the first time he's fought four times in a year since 2005, and he did it against top 10 opposition (was Arce top 10??). I'll be very surprised if he fights four times in 2013. Mares/Rigo/Quigg/Darchinyan rematch would be a great 2013 imho.
              I am just really impressed with his career moves this year. More fighters should take heed with both the year round drug testing and taking more than one or two fights a year. As a fan, I applaud him, and think he deserves fighter of the year honors.

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
              you cant stop injuries. and donaire had a real busy year yes, but i think youre forgetting that the year before, and before that and before that and before that, he was only fighting once or twice a year against unranked opponents. dont suck him up too much over 1 active year
              No argument here, but I was really referring to this year.

Comment

It's good to hear that Ward can come back from this injury with the shoulder being stronger than it was before. At least he won't have a fragile, gimpy shoulder for the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  After Andre Ward was forced to pull out of a scheduled super middleweight title defense against Kelly Pavlik, he released a statement through his publicist, Julie Goldsticker:

“When I first got injured, there was a lot of inflammation, and the MRI was misread by the first radiologist. I’ve been doing extensive rehab and the shoulder was getting stronger, but after three and a half weeks of rehab, there was still slight pain that had me concerned enough to get two additional opinions,” Ward said. “It was then diagnosed that there is a small tear in my shoulder capsule. It’s not a major tear, but I can either rest it and see if it heals itself or speed up the process by surgically repairing it, and be stronger than I was before the injury and that’s what we opted to do.”
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  That capsule is the Labrum Your Phucked Ward. Thats what ended my son's boxing career He was national Champ in 2009 110 pounds and was on a roll until the Golden gloves when he tore his labrum had 2 surgeries and last one it dislocated sparring Joesph Diaz it was an even match even without sparring for a year. He would have took en out either Raushee Warren or Joesph Diaz but the injury ruined his Olympic dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    That capsule is the Labrum Your Phucked Ward. Thats what ended my son's boxing career He was national Champ in 2009 110 pounds and was on a roll until the Golden gloves when he tore his labrum had 2 surgeries and last one it dislocated sparring Joesph Diaz it was an even match even without sparring for a year. He would have took en out either Raushee Warren or Joesph Diaz but the injury ruined his Olympic dream.
                    his tear didn't require surgery, it isn't a major injury

he opted for surgery to speed up the healing process

Comment

Working...
                    X