Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's Facebook is saying he's close to fighting Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im not so sure about that $ talks were talking maybe double payday

Comment

• Sounds good to me, but quick question...

If Floyd fights Canelo in May, then what fight is actually going to top it in September, since he plans to fight on both of those months?

Why not somebody else in May, and then Canelo in September?

Comment

• Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
        Sounds good to me, but quick question...

If Floyd fights Canelo in May, then what fight is actually going to top it in September, since he plans to fight on both of those months?

Why not somebody else in May, and then Canelo in September?
        Martinez in September

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          I have a feeling it will be de la Hoya vs Whitaker II. I've said the same thing when Floyd fought Ortiz, but i don't think Floyd will win if it's a close fight. Floyd is on his way out, while Canelo is being hyped up as the next superstar in boxing.
          canelo has no where near the skill that de la hoya had. floyd wins this fight easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
            lol of course you know

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
              This is not a bad idea at all. Canelo loses against Floyd and then Cotto returns against Bundrage in june and then you get Cotto-Canelo at the end of 2013. Not bad at all.
              I think so too. Even if he loses he wins. If he doesn't get put to sleep or lose really really bad

Comment

• Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                Yes, but it would be a huge step-up for Canelo. I believe Alvarez has a lot of potential, but he's been babied too much to fight someone of Mayweather's caliber. However, I have a feeling that given his size and combination punching, I could see Canelo giving Mayweather trouble if he can get him on the ropes the way Cotto did.
                mayweather has made it into a habbit to falling into the ropes by himself. His opponents dont put him there he lays in the ropes and lets people tee off while he shoulder rolls the punches. He has done it in all his past fights will love to see canelo who is bigger stronger and a bigger punchers than may last opponents tee off on mayweather

Comment

• Bad move for Canelo. He is way to young in the developemental process of his career. From a Lopez to Mayweather its not good.

Canelo doesnt get punched that much but I think he has not a very good chin since Cottos brother shook him.

Mayweather has underated power.

Bad Move imo of Canelo although I go for Canelo!

WAR CANELO!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -KING- View Post
                    canelo has no where near the skill that de la hoya had. floyd wins this fight easy.
                    It won't be easy. As good as Floyd is at fighting off the ropes, he'll be a sitting duck against a heavy body puncher in, Alvarez. It's easy to outbox Canelo on the outside, but Floyd can't consistently fighting off the back foot anymore. He starts every round, jabbing to the body for a few seconds, and then lays on the ropes for the rest of the round rolling punches, countering back, ect.

Comment

• That would be a great fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X