No announcement yet.

The Welterweight Division In A Nutshell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Welterweight Division In A Nutshell

Keith Thurman's tune-up is probably gonna be that fan who clowned him recently. Danny Garcia thinks he's TBE for knocking out my plumber. Shawn Porter's hiding behind Thurman. Jeff Horn's writing his will. Pacquiao's actually fighting a fucking jr lightweight later this year. This is the softest generation of welterweights I've ever seen (I don't count Pac, because he's old).

It's Run Time for "Sometimes" during Spence's Lunch Time.
    Last edited by Slicc; 02-19-2018, 05:18 AM.

It boils down to this. Spence is a killer. That is all there is to it.

Comment

The only problem with the welterweight division is - nobody wants to fight Errol Spence.

They are all willing to fight each other, but no one is willing to fight Spence.

It's funny because Spence is the only other WW other than Thurman with a title. (Who's actually available ofc bcuz we know Arum has Horn locked down)

Yet...no one wants to go pick up a title from Spence to gain leverage in a Thurman fight as a unification instead of getting half the money to fight Thurman for his belts with nothing to offer themselves.

In other words, everyone is scared of Spence lol.

Comment

They need to create a welterweight tournament in order to determine who challenges who for the titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
          It boils down to this. Spence is a killer. That is all there is to it.
          Nah I'm convinced (except crazy issues) Thurm will fight him.

He managed to fight Garcia and Porter and wants to fight the bests.

He knows what's up to fight Spence and wants to be ready.

Fighting a guy like Spence coming back off a surgery would be really dumb, let's be real...

Comment

Good thing is there's a bunch of quality fighters in the division, bad thing is they don't want to fight each other's and they don't even dare to mention spence's name

Comment

They are all avoiding Spence hoping he moves up in weight what a sham

Comment

Spence is the new Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  They need to create a welterweight tournament in order to determine who challenges who for the titles.

I was reading some old article the other day from 2016 and im certain it said the WBC had organized a tournament cant remember who was in it except garcia and khan and it never went ahead

Comment

US guys gotta support their fighters first and buy the PPVs like in the UK, the bigger the money the more likely these fights will happen

Comment

Working...
                    X