No announcement yet.

spar anyone famous?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spar anyone famous?

when discussing gyms, i discovered that the mackenzies own a lot of the gyms i was considering

i have since joined exig3s gym instead

apparently a woman i worked with also worked for winston

when i told my parents they told me that my uncle went to school with and used to spar with clinton

any of you have spar with famous ppl???

Originally posted by boxstarr
    when discussing gyms, i discovered that the mackenzies own a lot of the gyms i was considering

i have since joined exig3s gym instead

apparently a woman i worked with also worked for winston

when i told my parents they told me that my uncle went to school with and used to spar with clinton

any of you have spar with famous ppl???
    I believe JuyJuy has.

Comment

Verquan Kimbrough
      Tony Tubbs
      Craig Weber

Comment

Originally posted by spinksjinx
        Verquan Kimbrough
        Tony Tubbs
        Craig Weber
        Tell us a bit about each of them. What are they like. Who was the best. How did u get to trian with them. Blah blah.

Comment

Verquan Kimbrough
          Tony Tubbs
          Craig Weber
          I thought you were lightweight?

Comment

Verquan Kimbrough- Very fast like lightning, he came into the gym I train at one afternoon looking to get some sparring partners for one of his fights. When he came in I was in awe of him, because I have seen him fight before and seen what he brought. So I asked him for a few rounds and he agreed. Mind you I am an amateur....We ended up sparring 3x3minute rounds. From the beginning I said I wanted to see his best and he just came out charging against me and hit me with just about every clean shot possible. I wasnt able to back him up or throw him off of his game plan...It looked like easy work for him but he just blistered my ass and put me on my seat a few times....I dont recall ever being hit that fast and catching another punch within the same second...At least it felt that way.

Tony Tubbs-Tubbs is friends with the head owner as well as with my father and when he was training for his fight against Minto he stopped by a few weeks before to speak to the kids. At the end everyone in the gym that day was granted a minute in the ring with Mr. Tubbs. I wouldnt even really call it a sparring session you could tell he was holding back but mainly pawing and was lethargic....He hit me most definately and I gave him to much respect and just smacked some shots off of his headgear and hit the body...Nothing dominating but I mean he wasnt there to be serious...

Craig Weber- Same as Verquan came in looking for sparring partners. I sparred 2 rounds with him (he sparred 8 that day) and I was 2nd in line. For the most part I was able to land the shots as long as I moved afterwards with quickness. He backed me into the ropes and landed some shots I ducked and got him off and threw an uppercut that landed flush and he bit his tongue and was like "damn"...But for the most part I pot shotted and he pushed me up and hit my body a few times....

Another fighter I had sparred with was Brian Minto.

Everytime I sparred one of these guys, I gave them respect because they earned it and I am not there to be an ass hat but to learn and be grateful for the opportunity alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Blitz
              I thought you were lightweight?

I am a flyweight/Bantamweight....

Verquan-Featherweight
              Tubbs-Heavyweight
              Weber-Super Lightweight

Comment

Verquan Kimbrough- Very fast like lightning, he came into the gym I train at one afternoon looking to get some sparring partners for one of his fights. When he came in I was in awe of him, because I have seen him fight before and seen what he brought. So I asked him for a few rounds and he agreed. Mind you I am an amateur....We ended up sparring 3x3minute rounds. From the beginning I said I wanted to see his best and he just came out charging against me and hit me with just about every clean shot possible. I wasnt able to back him up or throw him off of his game plan...It looked like easy work for him but he just blistered my ass and put me on my seat a few times....I dont recall ever being hit that fast and catching another punch within the same second...At least it felt that way.

Tony Tubbs-Tubbs is friends with the head owner as well as with my father and when he was training for his fight against Minto he stopped by a few weeks before to speak to the kids. At the end everyone in the gym that day was granted a minute in the ring with Mr. Tubbs. I wouldnt even really call it a sparring session you could tell he was holding back but mainly pawing and was lethargic....He hit me most definately and I gave him to much respect and just smacked some shots off of his headgear and hit the body...Nothing dominating but I mean he wasnt there to be serious...

Craig Weber- Same as Verquan came in looking for sparring partners. I sparred 2 rounds with him (he sparred 8 that day) and I was 2nd in line. For the most part I was able to land the shots as long as I moved afterwards with quickness. He backed me into the ropes and landed some shots I ducked and got him off and threw an uppercut that landed flush and he bit his tongue and was like "damn"...But for the most part I pot shotted and he pushed me up and hit my body a few times....

Another fighter I had sparred with was Brian Minto.

Everytime I sparred one of these guys, I gave them respect because they earned it and I am not there to be an ass hat but to learn and be grateful for the opportunity alone.
                Thanks for that, that was good to read about.

Comment

iv sparred with a 36 yea old ammateur, well actually, one of my trainers, but he werent famous, i dont even know his name....
                  so no no1 famous....bit oh a pointless post rely, ah well..

boxstar when did u start egi's gym? did'nt hear bout that?

Comment

you sparred a heavyweight!

and ur bantamweight...

Comment

Working...
                    X