No announcement yet.

Q&A with Israel Vazquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q&A with Israel Vazquez

You’re currently preparing for your next fight, which will be against Rafael Marquez; give us your thoughts on this fight?

We’re going to be very well prepared for this fight, we’ll be very strong. We’re doing a few things different this time than we’ve done in the past, but I believe it will still be an all out war, same as our other three fights.

How is training camp going?

Training camp is going really good. We’ve noticed some mistakes and thanks to God we’ve had enough time to correct those mistakes. We’ll be in great condition for the fight.

What kind of statement are you looking to make in your fight with Marquez, are you going to look for the knockout?

Well, we’re going to box a little bit more this time around and show our boxing abilities and like I said earlier do some things a little bit different. We’re working on what to do in those really tough exchanges and deciding on how we’ll handle it, of course if the opportunity presents itself we’ll definitely go for the knockout but mainly we’ll be looking to execute the plan that my corner has prepared.

Do you think Rafael Marquez is the best opponent you’ve faced and what’s your opinion of him as a fighter?

No, he hasn’t been the toughest opponent but I feel he’s been the most demanding fighter I’ve ever faced. He’s a very complete fighter; he’s got great distance and wonderful movement. He’s definitely been the one that’s demanded the most of me of any of the other fighters I’ve faced. I have two wins over him and he has one over me, so I know he’s looking to tie the series and who knows we may even have a fifth fight.

http://www.*********.com/?p=43525

Also, last week... Israel Vazquez and Rafael Marquez met up last week to do a showtime promo. I took some pics. There will be a 30 second commercial this weekend during the Kessler-Froch fight. Keep an eye out for it.

Comment

marquez has a new corner so izzy should not expect the same marquez.

Comment

War Izzy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          marquez has a new corner so izzy should not expect the same marquez.
          You are probably right. But we are going to give Marquez a new look as well.

Comment

Thanks for the post man !

Comment

no prob man. going to visit Abner Mares tomorrow. Will post pics

Comment

Working...
              X