Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: I Told Ward He Could Put a Glass Eye To Sleep!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch is just telling the truth. Ward is effective but all the clinching and headbutts doesn't generate a lot of interest in his fights.

It was the same with Hatton for me, many people found him exciting, I just found his tactics annoying and horrible to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Floyd boring? He made about a billion...
      B-Hop, instead, how much he's worth?
      I don't get into, nor do I care about how much money these guys make. I judge a boxer's star power on how much mainstream attention he gets and how many casual fans I encounter who know who they are. And when B-Hop fights, ESPN is covering it. And when I talk boxing among casual fans, I haven't encounterd many in the last several years that don't know who he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Continue1UP View Post
        Froch is just telling the truth. Ward is effective but all the clinching and headbutts doesn't generate a lot of interest in his fights.

It was the same with Hatton for me, many people found him exciting, I just found his tactics annoying and horrible to watch.
        but hatton had tards beating a drum and singing which hid his ugly style

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
          I don't get into, nor do I care about how much money these guys make. I judge a boxer's star power on how much mainstream attention he gets and how many casual fans I encounter who know who they are. And when B-Hop fights, ESPN is covering it. And when I talk boxing among casual fans, I haven't encounterd many in the last several years that don't know who he is.
          I judge a boxer on his boxing skill, try this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
            I judge a boxer on his boxing skill, try this.
            And this is what happens when you come in on the ass end of a conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
              LOL, so true.

Ward won't travel to the UK, unless he can bring a shady referee who will allow excessive clinching/butting. He's skilled, no doubt; but he's a damn cheat and incredibly jealous of the attention Froch and Kessler are getting.

Ward is a cheat? Watch a Froch fight-the guy holds behind the head and hits and rabbit punches every fight. Ward had one fight where there were head clashes-big deal.

I doubt Ward is jealous of Froch and Kessler-these guys tear each other up, while Ward is smart enough to not take much punishment.Ward has also gotten to do a commentary spot for HBO (just as other great boxers have shared that spot over the years-Roy Jones, George Foreman, Lennox Lewis, etc).
              As well as all of this, Ward is ranked number 2 P4P on most rankings and recognized as the best in his division....but you say he is jealous of Kessler-a worn version of his former self and Carl Froch-the man who struggled with this lower version of Kessler-gtfoh! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by petero View Post
                I believe Ward would go to the U.K. because the money
                would be best there for him. He deserves a big payday.
                Froch and Kessler got 2.5 million Euros each or 3 million U.S.
                Foreign fighters are always surprised by the warm reception
                they get from U.K. fans
                and it sounds like that's what Ward
                experienced on his trip there. Cotto was in disbelief when he
                toured the U.K. he had no idea how much of a superstear he was
                there, and when Mayweather was there 6 thousand people
                went just to watch him train at Pea**** gym, they idolize fighters
                unlike any other country. Ali loved the fans there it goes on.
                LOL-come on man, the warm reception? Every foreign fighter is getting booed badly in the UK! lol http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/im...cons/icon7.gif

Although I believe Floyd would get a good reception...odd that the UK fans have really taken to him for some reason.

If the world had more countries with the enthusiasm of the UK fans,however- boxing would be in a great state-because british fans ARE very passionate about events like no other country.

Comment

• Ward is boring. Sick of the Sweet Science Professors on here talking non sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                    Yes, I suppose you believe Bute also was responsible for the crowd he brought to England when he fought Froch, and not Froch fan friendly style, and ability to build up a fight.

Froch threw nothing out there. It's been Ward who is been saying he doesn't need to go to the UK to fight Ward. It's been his trainer who has been talking **** about Froch, and its the Ward fans like you who say Ward doesn't need to fight Froch in the UK. Again if he wants the money he will. Froch has every right and reason to want a rematch to be in his home turf. He's already been to Wards, where he can't put any butts in seats.
                    Bute, lmao! Leave Bute out of this. He has his own Canadian crowd who comes to see him. Stop telling incomplete truths. You heard what Ward said after the fight. You don't have to mince Ward's words.

As far as trainer talk, trainers talk. I only care about what the boxers themselves say.

Did Froch bring fans to the Ward fight like Hatton did to Floyd's? No? Why not?

Comment

• I don't knock Wards style, he keeps putting W's on the board and at the end of the day that's what matters. The only knock I have against Ward is that he rarely ever leaves Cali and has never left the U.S. to fight. Not that it's uncommon, but, he was the Super Six winner and never left his home turf while every other fighter was scattered about.

Comment

Working...
                      X