No announcement yet.

Bareknuckle fighting is a different game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bareknuckle fighting is a different game

Boxing defensive maneuvers work fine in that sport, as Lobov could barely land anything on Malignaggi.

But offensively you can't just tee off on guys and reel off multi-punch combinations to the head. There is a real danger of hurting your hands like Paulie did yesterday.

I think precision is much more important and you have to be very careful about where you place your shots. It's also probably a good idea to concentrate heavily on the body too.

Bare-knuckle isn't for the runner types. Malignaggi's a p**ssy. We as fans of this sport took an L last night.

Comment

i still have a hard time classyfying bkb as a real sport.

apperantly so do they. went to their website trying to find out what their scoring criteria are. nada. maybe it's just me being the ret@@rd i am but how do you score a bareknukcle fight?

i see people say agression is one of the scoring criterias but does it mean just agression? you can unload a barrage of punches, miss 90% of them, get outjabbed and still win the round? how does that work?

if a bkb wasn't split to 5 rounds and they did things how it's done on the streets of how the irish gypsies do them then i would have no problem with them. the last man standing wins.

but right now it seems like that org are trying to figure out wtf they are. and right now they're more like wwe than a legit sport organisation to me.

finally got myself to watch the full fight. paulie won this thing.

Comment

Yeah, I think that proved that boxing is not as efficient in a street fight as some people thought. A boxer would kill any average joe in a street fight but he cannot throw hands like he is in a boxing match. The truth is that hands are like delicate little flowers. Landing punches on the skull can break them, on the teeth or even landing it on the face without wraps can injure you.

This bare knuckle fighting also doesn't work though, a muay thai guy would kill them if they clinch and try to do that "dirty boxing". It's also more boring than boxing in my opinion. Less punches thrown, shorter fights, etc...

Comment

You will see the emergence of more body attacks, they seem not to be figuring this out as of it.

Hit the body, Arms, and aim for the neck also 'If you miss? You hit there face'.

Comment

Someone should tell paulette the real ones swallow they dont spit

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

apperantly so do they. went to their website trying to find out what their scoring criteria are. nada. maybe it's just me being the ret@@rd i am but how do you score a bareknukcle fight?

i see people say agression is one of the scoring criterias but does it mean just agression? you can unload a barrage of punches, miss 90% of them, get outjabbed and still win the round? how does that work?

if a bkb wasn't split to 5 rounds and they did things how it's done on the streets of how the irish gypsies do them then i would have no problem with them. the last man standing wins.

but right now it seems like that org are trying to figure out wtf they are. and right now they're more like wwe than a legit sport organisation to me.

finally got myself to watch the full fight. paulie won this thing.
              Dude, let it go lol. How do you score it? Paulie lost and embarrassed himself and boxing too after trying to make it a Boxing Vs MMA thing with his trash talk.

The other dude had a negative record, 13-15 I think. How do you score it? This shouldn't have been competitive for fuk sake, and nobody here thought it was going to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                BKB (Big Knockout Boxing) is dead, been dead. Gabe Rosado was last champion.

Or do you mean BKFC (Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship)? Because it's not a real "sport" yet, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg House View Post
                  Dude, let it go lol. How do you score it? Paulie lost and embarrassed himself and boxing too after trying to make it a Boxing Vs MMA thing with his trash talk.

The other dude had a negative record, 13-15 I think. How do you score it? This shouldn't have been competitive for fuk sake, and nobody here thought it was going to be.
                  i don't give a flying fvvck about this. never saw this as boxing vs mma showdown anyway.

so because it was competitive it means paulie lost the fight despite winning more rounds?

so basically paulie had to obliterate the russian to get the decision because he is the boxer in this match-up?

doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    BKB (Big Knockout Boxing) is dead, been dead. Gabe Rosado was last champion.

Or do you mean BKFC (Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship)? Because it's not a real "sport" yet, no.
                    potato potato.

Comment

Working...
                    X