• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricardo Lopez/Hatton workout

What time did you get up: 4:45AM

Did you stretch before your run: yes a good body stretch

How fard did you run? 6-9 miles a day

What did you do after your run: I stretched out and woud do some floor work, such as stomach work: situps leg raises and crunches 200 each and push ups 50 only

What did you eat for breakfast: egg white a piece of toast juice gatorade and some vitamins

What time did you go to the gym: 2PM

What time did you leave the gym? 4PM

What did you do after training: I would replace my body fluids and have some fruit then I would go home and rest and relas

What did you eat for dinner: chicken fish and salads I would have red meat one a week

What did you do after dinner? I liked to watch movies, especially the old charlie chaplin ones and I liked music and reading

What time did you go to bed: 9:30PM

What was your favorite exercise: I liked the speed bag I liked to hit it so it would spin around as I thought was more skilful

How many days a week did you train? six with sunday off

Did you have a job before you wond the world title? No

Warmup 10 minutes of full body stretching 5 minutes of bouncing around on toes while waving arms loosely

Showboxing: 10 minutes

Sparring: 10 x 3 minutes rounds (30 second breaks)

Speed bag: 8 x 3 minutes (30 second breaks)

Floor to ceiling bag 3 x 1 minute rounds with 30 sound breaks

Stretching 5 minutes

abdmominal work sit up, leg raises, side to sides, crunches 500 repeitiions of all exercises in total

nexk exercises kneel on the fllor with your hands behind your back and your head on a cushion or a mat lift your legs and put your hands behind your back so that your body weight is on yoru head and neck. rotate your head up and down and from side to side

Shower and rest.

Ricky Hatton

What time did you get up: 9

Did you stretch before your run: yes full stretch and warm up

How far did you run? 5-6 miles I run at 7PM

What did you do after your run: As its nighttime I shower and relax the reason I run at night is I have a lot more energy for my gym workouts

What did you eat for breakfast I have cereal toast and a cup of tea. On the day of the fight I have a ritual of going to the local café and having a traditional English breakfast sausages, eggs bacon and log

What time did you go to the gym: 12:30 PM

What time did you leave the gym? 3:30PM or sometimes later if I am signing autographs for the fans

What did you do after training: I go home and have something to eat and relax until its time to run

What did you eat for dinner: Chicken pasta and plenty of vegetables. I also drink lots of mineral water and I take supplements and vitamins

Do you have any hobbies: I love everything to tdo with boxing and I collect boxing memorabilia I also love going to see Manchester city football club

What do you do after your roadwork: I relax and enjoy playing darts with my dad and my friends

What time did you go to bed: 10:00

What was your favorite exercise: bag bar

How many days a week did you train? I train in the gym Monday to Friday and on the weekends I only do roadwork. I train very hard on Monday Wednesday and Friday Tuesday and Thursday is still hard conventional boxing training floor work but not as intense.

Did you have a job before you wond the world title? Yes I worked in my dads carpet shop and helped to lay the carpet

Warmup 10 minutes of full body stretching

Showboxing: 3 x 3 minute rounds 30 second breaks

Jumping rope: 10 minutes non stop warm up

Body belt: 4 -12x3 minutes dpending on stage of training camp, ticky does this exercise working with hist trainer. His trainer wears a 6 inch padded leather vest that straps around his body and he uses focus pads. They continuously throw shots at each other. This is the closest thing to fighting, without actually fighting He also does conventional boxing training fllor work on alternate days.

Bag bar: 4x3 minute rounds 1 minute breaks.. Ricky uses two pieces of equipmentfor this exercise the heavy bag and the bar a steel box channel with steel tripod legs at each end. The bar is about waist height off the ground and he starts by jumping overt the bar from side to side for one minute then goes to the heavy bag and punches for one minute then back to the bar for one min. Once he gets to the three minute mark he rests After a break for one minute and he repeats the sequence.

Sthrech down: 10 minutes

To finish: shower and relax

Ricky has last intense session o f training camp one week before the fight. He always does 15 x3 minutes on the body belt. He says it’s a confidence boost for him. When he completes this goal, he knows he is ready to fight anyone.

lol ive got that book aswell, its quality

Comment

Here's the book!
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Workouts-Box...2642376&sr=8-7

Comment

i only barrowed the book from my friend. but i recomend it to everyone. anyway, if you have it could i please have Chris Byrd's workout. thanks

Comment

based on how much he ballons up in between fights I would've thought Ricky's training would be much more intense

Comment

Working...
          X