Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with all these fighters forming friendships and not fighting each other?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I heard Winky and Roy were close friends too, but that was a time ago.

But yeah, it's pretty lame, I mean we got promotional wars going on, fighters ducking other fighters, and now it's "I can't fight my BFF, no way". WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      I think I heard Winky and Roy were close friends too, but that was a time ago.

But yeah, it's pretty lame, I mean we got promotional wars going on, fighters ducking other fighters, and now it's "I can't fight my BFF, no way". WTF!
      Seriously....the promoter beef is already enough to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        Actually they interviewed Broner yesterday and the only two people he said he would fight were Lucas and Rios. lol "Lamont is my brother, Danny Garcia is like family." WTF man.
        That sucks, would have been a decent fight at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          Actually they interviewed Broner yesterday and the only two people he said he would fight were Lucas and Rios. lol "Lamont is my brother, Danny Garcia is like family." WTF man.

He said Lucas hu? Well that's the better fight of the bunch Imo anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Maidana and Matthysse don't really want to fight one another on that basis.
            They said that they won't fight each other?

Comment

Enough money would make them fight, Judah and Mayweather also said they wouldn't fight but when the money pot got bigger the trash talking started and we got the fight.

Comment

Ward & Dirrell is another.

If you're prepared to spar with someone, is it really that big a difference to fight them?
                Erm yes..... When you spar someone you enter with the intention of building yourself as a fighter, working on the kinks in your game etc. the guy in front of you is there to help. Unless you're James Kirkland you don't have the intention of hurting them.

When you fight someone in a professional bout you enter with the intention of causing damage.
                _______
                I think it is noteworthy that the thread starter left out Rios v Maidana and Pacquiao v Khan. That being said I don't have a problem with fighters not fighting one another because of friendship, they would end up lacking the intensity necessary and it is too much to ask of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Enough money would make them fight, Judah and Mayweather also said they wouldn't fight but when the money pot got bigger the trash talking started and we got the fight.
                  I knew they were friends but did they actually express that they would never fight each other?

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                    I knew they were friends but did they actually express that they would never fight each other?
                    I think at the time they were like that too, but then the guy from boxing talk started asking them if the money was right would they fight and I think that's how it all started really. So if enough money is on the table then friends would fight each other, I remember when Paulie M was a champ at 140 he said he would fight his friend (Vivian Harris) if Vivian can win his next fight which was for a belt and they can make money in a unification fight etc So am sure if or when Broner and Garcia see the $ sign then the fight would be on.

Comment

Maidana and Matthysse don't really want to fight one another on that basis.
                      Maidana says he'll fight Mathysse

Comment

Working...
                      X