No announcement yet.

Was The Timothy Bradley A Punching Bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
    Tim Bradley's always been overrated as a welterweight. He was a really good at 140 but it didn't translate to welterweight. Not including the obvious robbery of Pacquiao, Bradley has done nothing at 147. He went life and death with a 140lb Provodnikov, got a draw against Chaves, beat a decent fighter in Jesse Vargas, and KO'd a shot undisciplined Brandon rios.

I've favored Mayweather, Pacquiao (obviously), Thurman, Spence, Brook and Porter over Bradley for the last three years, because I always saw just how ordinary Bradley was at 147. Remember, Pacquiao has been past it for years and was able to look elite against Bradley.

Bradley picked the perfect time to retire because there was nothing but losses headed his way. That being said, Bradley was a warrior who did always bring his best, and should be remembered as a very good 140lb fighter.
    Great post! This basically sums up how I feel about Bradley. I don't know why some people overrate him so much as if he was some sort of ATG or brilliant exciting fighter. He was tough, had some good fights and wins and was a very good fighter but let's look at his career honestly. He should've lost all 3 Pacquiao fights, had super-close fights with Witter and Holt, and could easily have lost to Provodnikov (considered an ESPN fighter before their fight) and Marquez who I had beating him. If he fought Mayweather he would've got totally schooled. I was never that convinced by him even though he was the #1 guy at 140. He could've changed my mind if he stuck around and beat guys like Porter, Spence and Thurman. Instead he chose to retire after 8 years of fighting top guys. Like really? It's his own decision and i'm not hating on him, but that goes against him and I just never really viewed him as a really great fighter. Very good yes, great? No.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
      Great post! This basically sums up how I feel about Bradley. I don't know why some people overrate him so much as if he was some sort of ATG or brilliant exciting fighter. He was tough, had some good fights and wins and was a very good fighter but let's look at his career honestly. He should've lost all 3 Pacquiao fights, had super-close fights with Witter and Holt, and could easily have lost to Provodnikov (considered an ESPN fighter before their fight) and Marquez who I had beating him. If he fought Mayweather he would've got totally schooled. I was never that convinced by him even though he was the #1 guy at 140. Now he could've changed my mind if he stuck around and beat guys like Porter, Spence and Thurman. Instead he chose to retire after only 8 years of fighting top guys. Like really? It's his own decision and i'm not hating on him, but that goes against him and I just never really viewed him as a really great fighter. Very good yes, great? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Watch it without the commentary and you'll see it could've easily gone either way. Marquez landed better, harder shots. Not a robbery but not a convincing win either.

Plus you're a die-hard Pacquiao fan so of course you hate JMM

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
          Watch it without the commentary and you'll see it could've easily gone either way. Marquez landed better, harder shots. Not a robbery but not a convincing win either.

Plus you're a die-hard Pacquiao fan so of course you hate JMM
          LOL hate JMM. The Three Mexicans of Pacs generation are one of my favorite fighters of all time. But it is delusional to suggest that JMM won the fight.

I watched the fight many times, in both the ring side angle, the audience angle and the TV angle with no commentary. Marquez was too gunshy from 2nd all the way to the 11th when he finally began to pick up pace, but it was way too late. Bradley was having his way with him with the jab and setting up the straight right hand perfectly and then slipping out of Marquez's counters, Marquez was in effective with his approach majority of the fight because Bradley was slipping his counters and catching it with the gloves.

Who got wobbled in the fight: Marquez, who got his face jabbed from the start of the fight till the end: Marquez, who was inaffective with his agression: Marquez.

Who had the better defence: Bradley, who wobbled who: Bradley, who set the pace of the fight: Bradley, who had better ring generalship: Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
            Now that his career has ended we can review his career.

Think about this, He has took more damage in this sport than Brandon Rios.

Is Timothy Bradley A Punching Bag?

[IMG]https://www.******.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Bradley-clipped-by-Vargas_Farina.jpg[/IMG]

the most damage he received came from fighting Pac 3 times...Rios took just as much punishment in his one fight lol

Other than that, Bradley fought a higher level opponent but throughout his 140 run he did not take as many shots and we could see how well he can box against marquez

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              the most damage he received came from fighting Pac 3 times...Rios took just as much punishment in his one fight lol

Other than that, Bradley fought a higher level opponent but throughout his 140 run he did not take as many shots and we could see how well he can box against marquez
              so he took just as much damage as rios did against pac? Gotcha.

and this marques? is the the same one who ducked rios?

Comment

Bradley had skills and he did know how to box - as was evident in his performance against JMM, he did very well there. But he did often got into those brawls... and especially the Provodnikov one was scary, he said he had a headache for a month and his trainer (now former since they parted ways) wanted him to retire after that.

But still, gotta respect the guy, he had HEART

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
                  Bradley had skills and he did know how to box - as was evident in his performance against JMM, he did very well there. But he did often got into those brawls... and especially the Provodnikov one was scary, he said he had a headache for a month and his trainer (now former since they parted ways) wanted him to retire after that.

But still, gotta respect the guy, he had HEART
                  yup alot of heart and ate alot of shots always left a fight damaged for the most part.

Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 11-24-2017, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X