No announcement yet.

To you clowns that pretend GGG was robbed in fight 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
    the only big fight was one he lost at MW.
    Indeed. I ain't saying what he did or intended, I was just clarifying what was actually said way back when. In the end the biggest fight around came to him. Funny thing is, for all the fuss over those few words it's actually quite a difficult one to pin down cos who - except GGG and team - decides just what the 'right' fight is. Can't ever be proved wrong, see?

In fact the whole damn thing was just a kinda meaningless publicity stunt TBH. All they were doing was stating publicly what all fighters do anyway. In the real world every single fighter on the planet is 'open to offers' from the surrounding divisions - and every single fighter on the planet will move to an adjacent division for the 'right' fight. It's all just a matter of incentives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      I don't think anyone thought Derevyanchenko was a soft touch, but Rolls hadn't really done much of anything and neither has Szeremeta. Calling him a loser is probably a touch unfair since he's unbeaten in the pro ranks, but also there ain't any good reason for GGG to be fighting him either - yeah, he's a mando, sure, but Golovkin's well past the stage of needing belts to enhance his value.
      he needs abelt legacy first. so far hsi belt legacy is jacobs and then a draw with canelo.

fortunately he has a chanc to build one now with his new belt.

Comment

he needs abelt legacy first. so far hsi belt legacy is jacobs and then a draw with canelo.

fortunately he has a chanc to build one now with his new belt.
        Dude's got maybe 3 or 4 fights left I reckon and he's clearly on the slide, hard to see him hanging on to that belt fighting top tier guys and the Szeremeta's of the world ain't gonna do much for his legacy either.

Nah, ultimately he's gonna go down as a well respected champion and HoFer for sure but one of the big 'what ifs'. I know you dispute the longevity of his title reign, but for most of the world that will be his legacy, dominating B listers for the better part of a decade, but ultimately for whatever reason never getting the big fights in his prime.

Comment

Dude's got maybe 3 or 4 fights left I reckon and he's clearly on the slide, hard to see him hanging on to that belt fighting top tier guys and the Szeremeta's of the world ain't gonna do much for his legacy either.

Nah, ultimately he's gonna go down as a well respected champion and HoFer for sure but one of the big 'what ifs'. I know you dispute the longevity of his title reign, but for most of the world that will be his legacy, dominating B listers for the better part of a decade, but ultimately for whatever reason never getting the big fights in his prime.
          i'm not disputing anything,he just didnt win a title in the ring till Lemieux,its a fact like the sun rises in the east. He needs more than one top contender win for a respected title reign. Everybody does - he isnt a special case just because his name is GGG.

CUrrently hes got less than Joe calzaghe, who is seen as a bit of a joke.

So lets see if he can double his top contender title defence wins with one more.
          Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-21-2020, 10:58 AM.

Comment

i'm not disputing anything,he just didnt win a title in the ring till Lemieux,its a fact like the sun rises in the east. He needs more than one top contender win for a respected title reign.
            CUrrently hes got less than Joe calzaghe, who is seen as a bit of a joke.
            Sure. However the WBA are telling everyone that he's got 20 title defences and is a tied record holder and that's what the official record will state. Even the more logical minded who figure the WBA can't be counting two simultaneous title runs will figure he's got 15, and nowhere, ever did I see any official organisation claim that titles not won in the ring don't count towards a guys legacy, so even if you were entirely justified in your evaluation I'm just thinking the rest of the world might not see things the same way.

Comment

Sure. However the WBA are telling everyone that he's got 20 title defences and is a tied record holder and that's what the official record will state. Even the more logical minded who figure the WBA can't be counting two simultaneous title runs will figure he's got 15, and nowhere, ever did I see any official organisation claim that titles not won in the ring don't count towards a guys legacy, so even if you were entirely justified in your evaluation I'm just thinking the rest of the world might not see things the same way.

like the world remembers sven ottkes record.
              Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-21-2020, 01:12 PM.

Comment

like the world remembers sven ottkes record.
                Maybe. Time will tell I guess. I'd imagine history will be somewhat kinder to Gennady however cos he fought in the States and for a few years was considered the man in his division which Sven never was.

I think you're rather missing my point however. If you want to get out your soapbox and bullhorn and try to convince the world that Golovkin really only has 2 defenses (down somewhat, I'm noticing, from the 8 or so you were arguing vociferously for last year) I ain't gonna stand in your way, I'm merely pointing out that you've probably got your work cut out.

Comment

Maybe. Time will tell I guess. I'd imagine history will be somewhat kinder to Gennady however cos he fought in the States and for a few years was considered the man in his division which Sven never was.

I think you're rather missing my point however. If you want to get out your soapbox and bullhorn and try to convince the world that Golovkin really only has 2 defenses (down somewhat, I'm noticing, from the 8 or so you were arguing vociferously for last year) I ain't gonna stand in your way, I'm merely pointing out that you've probably got your work cut out.
                  if you want to pretend that me saying he only has 2 top contender defences translates as only 2 defences you'll have your work cut out.

Comment

if you want to pretend that me saying he only has 2 top contender defences translates as only 2 defences you'll have your work cut out.
                    Apologies. I kinda skimmed your post and came away with the idea that you were suggesting he had only two title defence wins. My bad.

So lets see if he can double his top contender title defence wins with one more.
                    Either way, time will tell. Most of the boxing world still seems to rate him fairly well, but if you don't then that's cool too. He's a good number of top 10 defenses / wins but only a few in the top 5. Still bout normal for top level fighters though, much as folk seem to imagine that every HoFer has to be a Mayweather or Canelo with a resume littered with ex-Champions and champions.
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-21-2020, 03:51 PM.

Comment

why is GGG fighting this loser Seremta though?, does he think he is due an easy fight...because the last one was supposed to be an easy fight too, as was the one before.
                      Probably because Canelo insisted there would be no fight without a title. Seremta is going to be mandated so he may as well get it out of the way before it interferes with a potential big fight. Something like a fight with Murata in Japan that would draw a huge audience. Personally I'd rather he fight Derevyanchenko.

Comment

Working...
                      X