Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury PPV To Have 3 Fights: PBC, Top Rank Each Get Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    I’ll take 3 stellar matchups over 1 good one+ 3 filler/showcase matches any day
    I 100% agree. A lot of PPVs are filled with meaningless showcase fights anyone. Put the showcase fights on the free undercard if anything. Leave the PPV for the real fights.

Comment

Originally posted by djb914 View Post
      Beterbiev is supposed to defend his title IN CHINA against Fanlong Meng, Ironically February 22nd is the day they are looking at (NOT Official the last time I looked) So it wont be Beterbiev vs Ramirez.

Too Bad they can't have The Card be ALL PBC VS Top Rank.
      I've heard that, but I'm sure Meng would take step aside money for a unification bout. After all...who really WANTS to face Beterbiev?

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
        I 100% agree. A lot of PPVs are filled with meaningless showcase fights anyone. Put the showcase fights on the free undercard if anything. Leave the PPV for the real fights.
        I think it’s also good matchmaking strategy....the showcase fights tend to be one sided and often ending in knockouts....those should be free to attract the on the fence fans and casuals who may happen upon them or hear about them but not be real boxing fans who just want to see some violence. The actual cards should be even matched, competitive (at least on paper), and meaningful.

Comment

Either that or those other 2 fights on the card have to be absolute fire. Meaningful fights between top quality guys.
          The article says those 2 other fights won't be Top Rank vs PBC matchups.

So already we know they won't be as impactful as they could be.

Jermall Charlo vs Chris Eubank Jr isn't going to cut it for me. And does Top Rank even have a meaningful in-house fight on their entire roster that they can throw on the undercard?

Comment

gghfhfhfhfhfhfh

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
              Wilder better bring his A game and I don't mean sitting around waiting for the right hand to land. He needs to bring an arsenal....footwork,jabs, hooks also.
              yeah...i hear you...i wouldnt count on it though

im sure, with breland, they work on stuff like that....but once the bright lights come on and hes in the ring for real all of that seems to go out of the window and he is who he is...hes 34 and its unlikely hes going to change what he does once the real fights start

Comment

Ill even take it a step further, nobody cares about DA-ZASTER boxing either save for a few fighters. Danny Jacobs should have used the momentum he had from the HBO triple G fight and carried that over to FOX which would have made him popular with the American public. Andrade, who wasn't known to many anyway, placed himself further into obscurity by signing with DA-ZASTER because Americans aren't purchasing HIS fights on that app. They have to put Devin on youtube undercards to get people to watch him. And Canelo's popularity is starting to wane because AMERICANS still like the PPV model. Those four fighters are all that Americans are concerned about and still aren't willing to buy the app unless its a gimmick fight like Canelo/Kovalev or AJ/fat Andy (which was a gimmick fight because AJ was never supposed to lose. And sorry UK but nobody in America gives two ****s about AJ. But I do give him bredit for getting his belts back. Even if we had to pull hair and scratch and scream his way to victory like a girl. I was just waiting on Eddie Hearn to start screaming WORLDSTAR!!!

Comment

Because they are justified in their concerns that they will be served a truncated and sh it undercard
                  the undercards havent been released sir and the best of the HWs are fighting

Comment

Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
                    160$ for two fights or 100$ for 12 months that includes two Canelo fights, two AJ fights plus a whole lot more. We should use this as an opportunity to boycott boxing PPVs, let's seize the moment as consumers and vote with our wallets.
                    I agree fully. PPV needs to die a miserable death.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      The article says those 2 other fights won't be Top Rank vs PBC matchups.

So already we know they won't be as impactful as they could be.

Jermall Charlo vs Chris Eubank Jr isn't going to cut it for me. And does Top Rank even have a meaningful in-house fight on their entire roster that they can throw on the undercard?
                      Not knowing who is scheduled for when but from their list of fighters I see that some combination of the following being theoretical for that fight:

1. Shakur Stevenson, Carl Frampton, Oscar Valdez and Michael Conlan

or
                      2. Oleksandr Gvozdyk Gilberto Ramirez, Eleilder Alvarez, Jessie Hart and Artur Beterbiev

Comment

Working...
                      X