Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official James Kirkland vs. Carlos Molina Vote Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirkland will definitively win this fight. I think he will KO Molina under 4 rounds. 154 is stacked, love that division

Comment

damn, i want to root for a fellow chicagoan in carlos molina but kirkland made me a fucking fan. ah! may the best man win. if molina can withstand and weather the storm in the beginning (i say 3 rounds) of kirkland then he can come back and try to win it. one thing i know is....I CAN'T ****IN WAIT!

Comment

**** it, Im probably wrong but Im going for Molina. Hes been on an upset streak recently, and is a pretty clever boxer. His lack of power is a bad thing Kirkland's pressure, but you dont need that much power to hurt Kirkland since he just runs into punches constantly, you just need to catch him clean.

no one has infinite stamina, and if Kirkland continues to whiff punches and be tied up by Molina, even he will be exhausted. Molina needs to pull a Hopkins, mug him in the clinch with short shots to the body and make Kirkland run into the counter right hand over and over as you back up.

Molina by decision, even though that sounds unlikely even to me as Im typing it.

Comment

hard choice but i got kirkland by late stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
            LMAO!!!!

You did the same thing for the Kirkland-Angulo fight with a atomic bomb explosion image.

I have to step back and make the observation that even though the Angulo win was a great one that revived Kirkland, it was a one-sided beatdown and not enough to gauge Kirkland.

Angulo didn't have anything to offer outside the first round (or maybe the first two). It was, for the most part, a beating.

However, with Ann Wolfe back in Kirkland's corner and Molina being more disciplined, it should be mildly entertaining.

Carlos Molina has 4 losses (neither of them by KO) and all of his losses were very close (one split decision, two majority decisions, one unanimous) and two draws.

He still hasn't faced a puncher like Kirkland at any point in his career.

I'm going to give Molina the benefit of the doubt and say he gives James some resistance before getting stopped for the first time in his career in the ninth.

If not, I still see James winning, and I'm rooting for him.

WAR KIRKLAND!!!!
            Wouldn't that say a lot about Kirkland. You say we can't gauge off of it, but he destroyed a top threat.

Comment

I'm going to predict Molina by decision. He can exploit Kirkland's flaws.

Comment

Molina will be a tough fight no doubt.

This could be both guys toughest fight to date.

Comment

I got Molina only cause I think Kirkland is a total bum. As long as Molina doesn't fight like a dumbass like Angulo did, he should be alright.

Comment

Molina easily by UD.

Comment

Molina by decision, he knows how to spoil and neutralize his opponent's offense. It's gonna be ugly but Kirkland won't be able to put many punches together. Molina is gonna confuse him and outpoint him.

Comment

Working...
                      X