1. Roy Jones Jr
    2. Sugar Ray Robinson
    3. Mayweather Jr
    4. Roberto Duran
    5. Ali

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        I can't say with any if there were more hardcore fans or not. What I'd do know is boxing was much more mainstream, both hardcore and casuals read and watched it more regularly.

As far as the opinions on Mayweather......the internet magnifies everything. What people used to have to buy a newspaper and read they can find a multitude of different articles and opinions by looking at their phones. Most fans don't have a clue because they really don't do the research. It's easy to say a fighter is top ten when you no nothing of past greats. It's easy to say a fighters skill set today is amazing if you know nothing of the fighters he has emulated.

In all honesty, I've grown bored of discussing history and comparisons because there is always another nitwit you have to explain the obvious to.

I haven't done a list in awhile, but Floyd is probably top 25. My lists are based on both skill set and accomplishments. I have Harry Greb number 2 all time. No ever seen him fight, but it's hard to argue with his resume and the people who actually saw him fight. Are the end of the day it's about opinions.
        I cant argue with that. Good day

Comment

Whenever I see an ATG list with the name Leonard, and the word Benny or B. nowhere around it, I know it is written by a person without much boxing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
            Whenever I see an ATG list with the name Leonard, and the word Benny or B. nowhere around it, I know it is written by a person without much boxing knowledge.
            And shall it was, shall it is and shall it be! Wondering where this ATG poster has been?

Comment

1. Sugar Ray Robinson.
              2. Henry Armstrong.
              3. Roberto Duran.
              4. Sugar Ray Leonard.
              5. Marvin Hagler.

Mainly based on achievements and the fact that I love to watch all their fights now. Obviously before Robinson, Armstrong, Duran and Leonard got old and embarrassed themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                And shall it was, shall it is and shall it be! Wondering where this ATG poster has been?
                Hi Jab! When I am in Europe I watch boxing less than I do in the US. Now I am back but with Toney, Hopkins, Jones, Mayweather all gone, the skillset of present boxers seems a bit... lower than in the past? Also I must be getting softer as i get older, because when I read about Vázquez' eye, I felt a barbarian because i had paid to be at 1 and 3 of the trilogy with Rafa. Hope all is good with you!

Comment

1. Floyd
                  2. Ali
                  3. Joe Louis
                  4. Robinson
                  5. Ray Leonard

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson
                    Willie Pep
                    Henry Armstrong
                    Joe Louis
                    Ali

TBE, HoF, ATG is Sugar Ray Robinson there's no one close!

Ray

Comment

Top 5

1.ray Leonard
                      2.James Toney
                      3.pernell whitaker
                      4.mayweather jr
                      5.Ali

Comment

Working...
                      X