Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Canelo-Cotto on Sept 14th? Schaefer says Floyd will fight on Sept 14th.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Canelo-Cotto on Sept 14th? Schaefer says Floyd will fight on Sept 14th.

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing 6m
    Richard Schaefer insists that Floyd Mayweather is committed to fighting on Sept 14th and the PPV carriers are with them #boxing

Going to be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I have a feeling it will be with Canelo

Comment

i dunno why ppl thought theyd go with canelo over floyd if the two didnt fight. the whole idea is ludicrous.

Comment

Yep. They cant compete with HBO because Floyds with Showtime now, so if Canelo doesnt want that undercard he's going to have to fight on another date. Why not do an August date? They would probably siphon some buys off Mayweather.

Comment

Here's my prediction.....

Mayweather will guarantee Canelo a fight in May 2014, if both win in September. Floyd will fight Lamont Peterson, if Lamont beats Lucas Matthysse. He'd have wins over Khan and Lucas, as well as a could have gone either way fight with Ortiz, a former Floyd opponent. If Lucas wins, I'd like to see that, but I don't know if that'd happen. Than I could see Floyd fighting Devon Alexander, or Danny Garcia if he steam rolls Zab Judah next week.

Canelo will probably fight Cotto, though I'd probably prefer the Lara/Angulo winner so that Cotto can return in the fall against the Ishe/Molina winner.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Mayweather will guarantee Canelo a fight in May 2014, if both win in September. Floyd will fight Lamont Peterson, if Lamont beats Lucas Matthysse. He'd have wins over Khan and Lucas, as well as a could have gone either way fight with Ortiz, a former Floyd opponent. If Lucas wins, I'd like to see that, but I don't know if that'd happen. Than I could see Floyd fighting Devon Alexander, or Danny Garcia if he steam rolls Zab Judah next week.

Canelo will probably fight Cotto, though I'd probably prefer the Lara/Angulo winner so that Cotto can return in the fall against the Ishe/Molina winner.
            That would be way too much money for one PPV card.

Comment

GBP are trying to get floyd to fight the ginger, but floyd is notoriously hard to manage... we will get floyd vs alexander and the ginger will fight someone else, possibly cotto (I dunno why, the ginger already beat the guy that beat cotto, can we at least see cotto get a win against someone first?)

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

That would ruin the 140 tourney, so floyd vs peterson on a mexican holiday? doesnt make sense

Comment

Floyd will fight Canelo or Khan. Yall can laugh at Khan but he's well known. It would sell.

Comment

If Floyd is fighting on Sep 14 Top Rank will be forced to move the date, they ain't going to compete with him. Not even the UFC goes up against Mayweather, they move the date and cry later.

Comment

Working...
                    X