• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a look at Crawford's 2010 contract with TKO boxing

It should read

Take a look at Crawford's 2010 contract with TKO boxing

Can you change that headline for me jaded
    Top Rank is being sued by Crawford's old promoter.

Last edited by jaded; 02-05-2018, 07:54 PM.

Big time promoters seem to always have these issues

Comment

Thank you Muhammad Ali Act lol.

So thats basically a 3.5 to 5 year contract extension depending on activity once a title is won.

Curious what his current contract looks like.

Comment

This is interesting. Same ish Canelo dealt with

Comment

That seems excessive..

See, though, you gotta understand these smaller and mid-sized promotional outlets, often LOSE money initially promoting a guy.. Even the top dogs often have years and years where they stay in the red.. It's not until the big-time fights come along, that they can start to see a return on their investment.

A lot of them also probably feel personally betrayed that they were the ones who took a chance on a guy when nobody else would. A lot of the times, they even have stipulations like providing the boxer with a free place to stay, a car, and even a monthly stipend to live on, and to cover training expenses so they don't have to work a second job. Without them taking a chance, perhaps the boxer NEVER would have made it to this point, because they wouldn't have been able to spend the time in the gym, as they would have to work a second job to make end's meet.

Even though it is at the end of the day a business, and the boxer has to do what's in his best interests. But I see where the promoter tries to do what is in HIS best interest too..

But where the morality comes in, is that this "investment" is another human being, who puts in tireless blood, sweat, and years into his craft to get to that point.

I can kind of see both sides, but ultimately I side with the boxer almost every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Thank you Muhammad Ali Act lol.

So thats basically a 3.5 to 5 year contract extension depending on activity once a title is won.

Curious what his current contract looks like.
            basically the same just with more money involved so he aint complaing, he jsut resigned not that long ago if im not mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
              That seems excessive..

See, though, you gotta understand these smaller and mid-sized promotional outlets, often LOSE money initially promoting a guy.. Even the top dogs often have years and years where they stay in the red.. It's not until the big-time fights come along, that they can start to see a return on their investment.

A lot of them also probably feel personally betrayed that they were the ones who took a chance on a guy when nobody else would. A lot of the times, they even have stipulations like providing the boxer with a free place to stay, a car, and even a monthly stipend to live on, and to cover training expenses so they don't have to work a second job. Without them taking a chance, perhaps the boxer NEVER would have made it to this point, because they wouldn't have been able to spend the time in the gym, as they would have to work a second job to make end's meet.

Even though it is at the end of the day a business, and the boxer has to do what's in his best interests. But I see where the promoter tries to do what is in HIS best interest too..

But where the morality comes in, is that this "investment" is another human being, who puts in tireless blood, sweat, and years into his craft to get to that point.

I can kind of see both sides, but ultimately I side with the boxer almost every time.
              Well put and fair.With these kinds of contracts the devils in the details(payperfight,sighning bonus ect)

Comment

Working...
              X