Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: This is Not The Same Pacquiao From Even a Year Ago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was difficult to watch my favorite boxer age overnight. He would've hattoned horn in his hayday. Hope PAC hangs it up before he gets destroyed by a top WW.

Comment

Manny to Arum, fcuk the rematch. I'm retired old snake!

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
        Arum is definitely acting different towards Manny. His behavior was very different too post fight.

As a promoter, it's very telling how Arum is treating Pac right now

Arum is dirty and it definitely seems like the fix was in.
        its no secret arum doesnt give a damm about pac. that's why i laugh every time i see floyd fans post that arum is protecting manny that's why he's keeping pac away from crawford, spence, thurman, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

Oh look at this. To some, Arum is the devil now. Just a couple of years ago he was like father figure to Pacquiao. As if..

Comment

He's right in the sense Pacquiao is losing a yard each outing.

After the Vargas fight would of been a good time to call it a day IMO. Coming off the back of a defeat (a big money one), to dominate and drop a good fighter in Bradley. Then to beat and pick up a title against a decent fighter in Vargas.

I thought he beast Horn, although he was worked harder than expected. I'd fancy him to win the rematch.
            Take the rematch if there's good money in it. Turn the L to a W. Then retire on a win.
            Time catches up with us all.

Comment

I think people are analyzing this fight wrong. It was the same old Pac. But Horn was about 160+ pounds and allowed to elbow headbutt and basically use tatics that he would of never got away with in the States.

So Pacquiao was fighting against age, weight, judges and the ref. and he still won so not sure what all his handlers are saying now sounds mad sketchy they know Pac wants to promote himself and they are trying to destroy his legacy so that doesn't happen.

Comment

Bobfather is no longer in control of the rematch, I believe.
                It's mouth watering to him. Let's see how it will all play out.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                  I think people are analyzing this fight wrong. It was the same old Pac. But Horn was about 160+ pounds and allowed to elbow headbutt and basically use tatics that he would of never got away with in the States.

So Pacquiao was fighting against age, weight, judges and the ref. and he still won so not sure what all his handlers are saying now sounds mad sketchy they know Pac wants to promote himself and they are trying to destroy his legacy so that doesn't happen.
                  It's amazing how a little 38 yr old man beat the h@ll out of a young buck 15 pds heavier and fouling. He made him miss all night where he landed only 8 punches per rd, and almost knocked him out. I was impressed.
                  The young squeally voiced buck barely won 2 rounds.

They make it sound like Pac landed 8 punches per round and was in big trouble in the 9th. What the hec is going on here? The best blows Horn landed was intentionally with his head.

Comment

Fighters are never the same once Floyd beats them. He sent Hatton into a suicidal depression and now he's sent Manny into a rapid decline.

Comment

Pacquiao should have just followed through with his "supposed" retirement after the Tim Bradley fight last year.

He looked eroded and old in the fight against Vargas and looked older and eroded against Horn.

I had Pacquiao winning over Horn but Pacquiao took a beating in the fight also. That's not going to help reverse the aging process.

Pacquiao should have just retired after the Bradley fight last year. That was the perfect time and perfect way to retire.
                      Last edited by The Time; 07-05-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X