is a "lucky punch" a thing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is a "lucky punch" a thing?

i say no!!1!!

it is just an excuse by jealous types who want to make excuses...
    YES 😃
    41.18%
    NO 😡
    58.82%

Originally posted by Luccio View Post
    i say no!!1!!

it is just an excuse by jealous types who want to make excuses...
    its only a thing when I comes to Pacquiao fans...wen dinamita sent him to Neverland

Comment

Absolutely not

The fighter still put in hundreds of hours punching people in sparring with that punch, banging bags with that punch, and shadow boxing with that punch

Even if the punch connected with fortunate circumstances

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
        its only a thing when I comes to Pacquiao fans...wen dinamita sent him to Neverland
        i beleieve that was was a "steroid punch"

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        Absolutely not

The fighter still put in hundreds of hours punching people in sparring with that punch, banging bags with that punch, and shadow boxing with that punch

Even if the punch connected with fortunate circumstances
        exactly....

Comment

Don't worry, boys, just because a man has trained hard he can still get lucky. By your logic a man could not get lucky anymore because he has trained too hard. Guffaw!

Sure, lucky punches exist, it is just awfully hard to actually tell when one has really happened. More often, the statement from fans is simple sour grapes, by Chinaman!

Comment

They can happen but nowhere near as often as people say.

Fights where one guy is getting properly tooled and he just flings a punch with his eyes closed out of desperation and the opponent walks onto it, I'd say that's a lucky punch because the guy wasn't being tactical or thinking, he just swing out of desperation and it just happened to connect.

It's rare but it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Luccio View Post
              i beleieve that was was a "steroid punch"
              I for the life of me can't understand the psychology of Pac fans making doping accusations

Comment

Rarely if ever. One type is where a body punch happens to land on a chin because the victim ducked into it. I never saw it happen in boxing. A good example in mma was Mousasi vs Hall where a spinning heel kick to the body landed on the head which lead to a tko. That stuff is luck.

Comment

No such thing as a lucky punch. If a man is throwing a punch he is trying to land it. Nothing lucky about that.

Comment

Punches are only ever described as lucky when there's a huge defensive lapse by the fighter on the receiving end. This can't be put down to luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X