Clear All

• espn pfp new rankings

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ahead-crawford

usyk moves up

out of all the espn writers
    i agree with steve kim's list the most

Spence shouldn't be above Usyk

Comment

Ward got Wilder in his top 10? Also has Joshua in there? Can't have Wilder on there without having Fury on there.

Comment

Spence 4th

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          Spence shouldn't be above Usyk
          Whoever made that decision is smoking crack

Comment

Just saw Ward has Wilder on his P4P list

Comment

Mikey loses a fight to a fighter honestly two weight classes bigger than his peak weight class, and suddenly he gets nearly removed from the P4P list. It's not like he hasn't fought champions in recent years and kicked ass. It makes no sense to remove him from the list. He's still around #5 for me.

Spence does not deserve to be in the top 4. There are too many fighters doing far too well in this time period to rate him that high. If it was a few years back, then yeah, sure.

Crawford, Usyk, Lomachenko, Canelo should be in everyone's top 4. I don't care about your order. Mikey should be 5th. Dejan at 135, Lipinets at 140, Broner at 140, Easter Jr. at 135--- all dominate wins before he fought Spence at 147. Give credit where credit is due.

I don't think Spence would look good fighting against a guy like Hurd. Now, try to imagine him fighting at 160 against the top fighters. Let's not forget Mikey did exactly just that.

I'm disappoint Ward put Wilder and AJ in his list, also.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                Mikey loses a fight to a fighter honestly two weight classes bigger than his peak weight class, and suddenly he gets nearly removed from the P4P list. It's not like he hasn't fought champions in recent years and kicked ass. It makes no sense to remove him from the list. He's still around #5 for me.

Spence does not deserve to be in the top 4. There are too many fighters doing far too well in this time period to rate him that high. If it was a few years back, then yeah, sure.
                Let's put Mikey above Spence, sure, at least that would be funny

Comment

Actually not bad...I don't rate Heavyweights P4P thought so probably would put Juan Estade at #10 but solid P4P

At the end of that day it means absolutely NOTHING! Just the opinion of some guys that work at ESPN basically

Comment

Originally posted by 7NN View Post
                    Let's put Mikey above Spence, sure, at least that would be funny
                    You say it's funny, but...

Mikey has won titles in 4 different weight classes.

Mikey was 2 weight classes smaller than Errol Spence. 140 was a stretch, 147? just ridiculous. This fight was a mismatch just like I called it. The only thing I was wrong about was that Spence didn't stop Mikey.

Mikey has beaten far more world champions (and he dominated pretty much all of them).

If Spence lost to Canelo, or even Golovkin, at 160 lbs, they wouldn't get elevated to #1 because of that win--- nor would Spence drop out of the P4P top 10.

Yeah. Mikey still should be ranked higher than Spence.

How many world/former champions has Spence beaten? How many of them were bigger than him? How many weight classes has he dominated in?

Compare that to Mikey, and there's really no comparison.

It's a P4P list. Pound-for-Pound.

Mikey is nowhere near being a true welterweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X