No announcement yet.

Gennady golovkins greatness Pro boxers AND trainers give their take on ggg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I clearly stated some and not all of GGG fans are like this DreamerUSA.

You may like him for those reasons. A lot of his fans are old Manny fans that jumped on his bandwagon once Manny lost to Floyd.

Well he did that with everyone except Andre Ward, a guy he wouldn't be favored to beat, which is why many have criticized him.
    We've had this conversation, Dunn. I've said he can certainly be criticised for the way the Ward **** played out. Though my beef with that was more to do with the catchweight than anything else. My opinon is and always will be that if you think you are better than a guy in a higher weight class. Take your ass up there and prove it. Otherwise stfu.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      Like I said self-promoting when he was relatively unknown. And Floyd never been a MW champ like Canelo is now.

Why wouldn't I admit it? It's true.

But what's also true is that Golovkin, NSB most hated fighter now that Floyd's retired, gets most of his idiotic criticism from people who desperately want to see him lose too. At all costs. That's true and you know it.
      GGG isn't hated more than Ward or Broner and you know it. What you call "see him lose" is really a call to fight better opponents. If he fights and defeats better opponents, he will have earned the praise he gets in the mind of those who think its too much.

That is the same thing every major boxer has to go through when they haven't lost. Crawford right now gets the same things said about him. Why would you expect GGG to be immune form this?

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
        Crawfords win over Gamboa is head and shoulder above anything g string has done.
        Crawford win over Gamboa would be like GGG beating Khan and we all know you'd give him zero credit for that so stop with the bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          We've had this conversation, Dunn. I've said he can certainly be criticised for the way the Ward **** played out. Though my beef with that was more to do with the catchweight than anything else. My opinon is and always will be that if you think you are better than a guy in a higher weight class. Take your ass up there and prove it. Otherwise stfu.
          Yes we have. That's why I separate you, king, kafkod, natas and others from the pack. I try not to label all GGG fans the same.

The reality (which is really no different than everyday society) is when its the other guy, no one thinks its too much. But when its GGG, a guy like you and someone you like, suddenly its unfair, too much, "unhealthy obsession" and other things like that.

The majority here on NSB set the parameters and then want things to change now that GGG occupies a position near the top. I can't see how that is right.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
            I respect this. But my posts don't really apply to fans like yourself.

My comments were more geared towards people like Dr. Rumack who constantly cry racism on one end but ignore it on the other. Who thinks that all GGG critics are extreme Floyd fans when it is much more widespread than that. That's ignorance.

If you don't agree with the criticisms address them and if you can't reach an agreement, then respectfully disagree.

But unfortunately, this forum is the land of "My opinion is right and if you disagree you're an idiot or racist."
            I get it. That is why there are certain posters I generally just steer clear of. People I respond to are people I feel like I can have a legit interaction with. Even if we don't agree or it gets a little heated, I know it is'nt going to turn into a schoolyard name calling contest lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              Crawford win over Gamboa would be like GGG beating Khan and we all know you'd give him zero credit for that so stop with the bull****.
              Once again, any way you look at it, Gamboa is head and shoulders a better fighter than anyone on g strings resume.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                Once again, any way you look at it, Gamboa is head and shoulders a better fighter than anyone on g strings resume.
                No friend he's not. You're using a fighters popularity to determine quality of opponent. Beating Murray at MW is a far greater accomplishment than beating Gamboa at 135. There's weight classes for a reason. I'm pretty sure GGG could run through a gang of 5'6" WW At MW but he wouldn't get any respect nor should he.

Comment

Triple Garbage be tha biggest p u ssy in boxing, only reason why people be wantin him to win is cause he white. He scurred deadly of Ward and one day Ward gonna catch his ass outside the ring. GGG gonna cry like a lil b1tch. I mean damn even I could whop his b1tch ass, think what Ward would do...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                    No friend he's not. You're using a fighters popularity to determine quality of opponent. Beating Murray at MW is a far greater accomplishment than beating Gamboa at 135. There's weight classes for a reason. I'm pretty sure GGG could run through a gang of 5'6" WW At MW but he wouldn't get any respect nor should he.
                    sadly he is...was undefeated and was blitzing guys with power and speed...also had a very good amatuer career

if you think martin murray or lemieux is a better fighter than Gamboa, then you need to lay off the sauce.

Lara is smaller, but better than everyone GGG has fought, so is canelo...size doesnt make you a better fighter

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      sadly he is...was undefeated and was blitzing guys with power and speed...also had a very good amatuer career

if you think martin murray or lemieux is a better fighter than Gamboa, then you need to lay off the sauce.

Lara is smaller, but better than everyone GGG has fought, so is canelo...size doesnt make you a better fighter
                      No I you need to lay off the hatarade. Gamboa is s force at featherweight but is obviously too small for lightweight. Anthony Crolla made Gamboa best win at LW quit in 5 rounds. So I guess Anthony Crolla is also better than Murray.

There's no way beating a under size Gamboa is better than beating Murray at MW. Naturally he's the better fight but Murray has accomplished a lot for his shortcomings. I'm not gonna argue Murray class, the guy has proven he belongs and no one but a few haters would consider beating an undersized, chinny, inactive Gamboa better than a real MW Murray who should be a Former Lineal Champ at MW and a SMW belt holder.

Comment

Working...
                      X