2010 Boxingscene Fantasy Baseball V5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Boxingscene Fantasy Baseball V5

Introduction

Well boys the baseball season is upon us. Can you believe it's here already? Time to mount up and swing some fackin lumber. This is our 5th year of fantasy baseball on boxingscene!

This league dates back to the 2006 season when D, 2nd II None, served as our first commish. Sadly he is no longer with us. This league and leagues prior are always played with his memory in mind.

That being said, invites have been extended to all Boxingscene members who participated in full last year. If, for any reason, there is anyone who cannot participate this year, the open slot will be filled on something of a first come first serve basis.

Last year was an excellent season with one of the most competitive finishes in the history of our league. 14-K crushed me in the final to secure his first ever Boxingscene Fantasy Baseball title. Congrats to him. Two new members entered the league (IncuFan and Hitman) and they performed exceptionally well, finishing 5th and 3rd respectively. It was a pleasure to add these two active, competitive managers to the league.

Draft and Scoring and Rosters

The draft is scheduled for Sunday, March 28 at 8:30 pm EDT. This is a tentative date and can always change of course. The season starts April 5 so that will give us plenty of time to assess our rosters and make any changes. The scoring is set up the same as last year. Everything seemed great with the scoring as we've refined our scoring every year. Rosters and roster moves are also the same as last year. Check the current league standings on the league home page to remind yourself what they are. Obviously any suggestions will be openly discussed, considered and voted on by the league.

Stay tuned to this thread for updates and post any thoughts, suggestions, ideas or **** offs you'd like. Thanks!

Also when you register sign in here with your team name. So far we've got:

gringo - comeback season

raesaad - rays raes 2010

kerrmilitary man - 14-K

fairpole - pullmy sausage

kobe bryant (aka lefty) - chewonmydodgerdog

kbpoetree - treezelite

incufan - tulo

uncle jeff (aka trojans) - uncle jeffy

hitman932 - juice these pros

sonny - wilson picket

ficks - raoul duke

rosewood - houston rosewoods

el jefe - reeno's penis III

-flex- - wbc boricua
    Last edited by oldgringo; 03-15-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

I'm in. You can call me "ChewOnMyDodgerDog."

Comment

I had a terrible draft last year and finished 12th. I'm going out on a limb to say I will finish higher than 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
          Also when you register sign in here with your team name. So far we've got:

gringo - comeback season

raesaad - rays raes 2010

kerrmilitary man - 14-K

fairpole - pullmy sausage
          lol.shouldve been in when u put that up but i forgot to do the last step...lol...and well my name never changes its TreezElite

Comment

Originally posted by Kobe Bryant View Post
            I had a terrible draft last year and finished 12th. I'm going out on a limb to say I will finish higher than 12th.

The name alone should get you a couple spots higher.

lol.shouldve been in when u put that up but i forgot to do the last step...lol...and well my name never changes its TreezElite
            good to have ya back.

Comment

Dodger dogs are tasty.

Comment

7 are in!!!

Comment

I look forward to having you all Fairly pull my sausage. Do not for get to try the pierogis and sour kraut while you are at it. They are yummy in the tummy!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFairPole View Post
                    I look forward to having you all Fairly pull my sausage. Do not for get to try the pierogis and sour kraut while you are at it. They are yummy in the tummy!
                    I'm going to hate draft you and take Justin Morneau in the first round.

Comment

Working...
                    X