Collapse
No announcement yet.

dorticos is massively overrated. gassiev ko's him easily

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno about massively overrated, barely anyone even knew who he was until the WBSS.

i wouldnt be shocked if he knocked Gassiev out, i still favour gassiev to win. but im not hugely confident as jas seems to be. don't put your mortgage on it mate

Comment

What makes this fight so difficult to predict, is that both guys have really only had 2 fights at world level. One where they each blew their opponent out with their significant power and the other where they had to dig deep against adversity to get the win. My feelings about Briedis/Usyk were correct so I'm sticking by my instincts in this one too. Gassiev seems difficult to hurt and I'm worried about his potential body shots on Dorticos, but I think he will struggle to get in range of Dorticos while he lands those 1-2's on Gassiev's easy to find head. Could certainly go either way, but I'm definitely leaning Dorticos right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        Dunno about massively overrated, barely anyone even knew who he was until the WBSS.

i wouldnt be shocked if he knocked Gassiev out, i still favour gassiev to win. but im not hugely confident as jas seems to be. don't put your mortgage on it mate
        I've been wondering where you've been the last couple days partner, have you seen the fight we are getting on the undercard??

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=771279

Comment

Man so excited for this. WAR GASSIEV!

Comment

I have only seen a handful of his fights, but I think you're absolutely right. Dorticos appears to have really bad timing, I think that might be behind the reluctance to chuck a lead right. He's just clunky. Nothing flows. Against a blown up, shorter super-middle like Miranda and a one dimensional guy like Kalenga he should've been able to force the lead right over the top for some damage. And Kudryashov had such a limited tool box, Dorticos didn't punch nearly confidently as he looked like he ought to have. Don't get it.

Gassiev TKO 7-9.
            Last edited by sweeterscience; 02-01-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Gassiev doesn’t exactly impress me either, I expected more from him against an old Lebedev.

Comment

Working...
              X