Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bizarre, random question a friend of mine asked me a while back.................

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre, random question a friend of mine asked me a while back.................

Can hyperventilation cause permenant brain damage?

Also, can regular hyperventilation cause less oxygen to get to the muscles, making it harder to do weights and making it harder for the muscles to heal?

These may sound like ridiculously stupid questions, but I know nothing about the human body.

I think hyperventilation causes not enough oxygen to get to the brain and the body, though???

The guy who asked me these questions is a guy who suffers with anxiety ever since he was involved in a high speed car crash and it is genuinely not me!

anyone?????

Comment

damn.

lol

Comment

Can't it be both too much breathing or not enough like hyperglousemic if thats how its spelt. I fainted when i hyperventalated when having a scan i had to take deep breaths. Is it not the inability to keep a constant level?

Comment

I'm sure it could cause some sort of brain damage in a very bad case.
          if it can make you pass out it prob can do some damage too.

I've heard that some swimmers with hyperventilate themselves to help expand their lungs before a long swim so i guess it can be good for if you know how to do it right.

Weight lifters also do it before a big lift .

I have a friend with the same problem your friend should look into getting meds for it.
          Just tell your friend to see a doc..

Comment

Dammit Tyson looks fat!

Comment

Passing out isn't always a bad thing its part of your bodies defense only in the right situation though.
              As free divers do a similar lung exercise but they can suffer from going hyper and then pass out and obviously drown. To much oxygen can make you pass out but conversely it cant make you restless. Im no enitrely sure how why etc im guessing its just a variant of imbalance.

Comment

Originally posted by ani4ani View Post
                Dammit Tyson looks fat!

thats cause he is. Hey Red Bull might give u wings, but it don't stop u being a big fat ass!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ani4ani View Post
                  Dammit Tyson looks fat!
                  It's from early this year i was reading that he's back in shape and was training for an MMA match but it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
                    Passing out isn't always a bad thing its part of your bodies defense only in the right situation though.
                    As free divers do a similar lung exercise but they can suffer from going hyper and then pass out and obviously drown. To much oxygen can make you pass out but conversely it cant make you restless. Im no enitrely sure how why etc im guessing its just a variant of imbalance.
                    Hyperventilating blows off your carbon dioxide which causes your cerebral vessels to constrict. This reduces the blood flow in these vessels, which causes you to pass out.
                    Last edited by Toller; 11-22-2008, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X