• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ch 5

Boxing: Fight of the Week (Sport)
    Time - 01:35 - 02:30 (55 minutes long)
    When - Thursday 27th January on five

(Juan Diaz v Billy Irwin)
    The first in a new series from the USA, featuring Juan Diaz versus Billy Irwin. Aged only 21, Houston's undefeated Juan Diaz is professional boxing's youngest world champion. Diaz defended his WBA lightweight crown against number ten ranked contender Billy Irwin in Houston, Texas. On the same bill, 2000 U.S. Olympian Calvin Brock faced Clifford "The Black Rhino" Etienne in a 10 round heavyweight bout. Plus, the best of the undercard.

Good to see CH 5 continuing with the ESPN shows, they've kept us going recently with the the Classics but it's good that they're showing the recent fights. Since they cut out the minute rest between rounds they should be able to fit in the 2 main fights o.k.

At least we're getting some boxing. Do you know if we're getting the Easatman - Hopkins fight? It would be our luck that no British channel was showing this fight.

Comment

it will be a shambles if that isnt televised Ive emailed the BBC about it. I dunno may sky will pull out the stops.

Comment

It was in BM that the BBC will probably show the Eastman fight.
        Glad to see 5 are still buying the friday night fights. I'd say it's consistently better than Sky's output of late.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadbri
          At least we're getting some boxing. Do you know if we're getting the Easatman - Hopkins fight? It would be our luck that no British channel was showing this fight.
          It's REALLY shocking if British t.v. don't show this bill coz not only do we have a British fighter challenging the undisputed No.1 middleweight but we also have Witter/Branco on the bill as well so here's hoping

Comment

Witter/Branco's on the same bill?

I did not know that.

Comment

only announced today. Hennessy has the rights so lets hope they can sort somink out, its a big night for british boxing.

Comment

Witter has to be one of the most underrated fighters in the world. He's definitely top 10 for me, possible top 5

Comment

And where do you get your news from?

Comment

box rec and contacts / friends, I write for the british boxing net so if anything happens that realiable I get emails pinged to me and I do same for others when i can.

Comment

Working...
                    X