Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There has not been a Lineal Heavyweight Champ for almost 10 years.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Lineage and undisputed are two different things.

If you believe that lineage is reestablished when a fight between the no.1 and no.2 (sometimes 3) then Wlad became linear champ when beating Chagaev.

If you need to be undisputed to claim lineage then you'll not have any linear champs today.

Going by your standard then who did Tyson beat to become lineal champ?
    Spinks.

The exact lineage is here

http://boxing.about.com/od/history/a...avyweights.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
      http://boxinghalloffame.com/history/...-of-the-world/
      as you see, Wlad is the lineal champ since beating Chagaev in 2009
      Hmmm, interesting. Who is the Las Vegas Boxing HOF anyway out of curiosity? Is there actually an official linear organisation?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Hmmm, interesting. Who is the Las Vegas Boxing HOF anyway out of curiosity? Is there actually an official linear organisation?
        Las Vegas HOF was founded last year. Steve Lott is the CEO over there - Steve is a very credible boxing historian in my opinion.

Comment

Wlad and Vitali... combined =Lineal champ.

Just like in everything else that mattered
          it takes TWO Klitschkos to = one Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            that looks like some Mickey Mouse site, who knicked CYBERZONE Boxings list.

Fact is if we are considering Wladamir to have established linearity without beating a DOMINANT legitimate WBC champion then we are setting a dangerous precident imo.

I don't belive in granting the Klitschkos special privellages because they are brothers.

Comment

I don't think it matters to them. They run the heavyweight division anyway. They beat the best opponents out there. Wlad said he not fighting his bro, it sucks but it's understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                that looks like some Mickey Mouse site, who knicked CYBERZONE Boxings list.

Fact is if we are considering Wladamir to have established linearity without beating a DOMINANT legitimate WBC champion then we are setting a dangerous precident imo.

I don't belive in granting the Klitschkos special privellages because they are brothers.
                The only thing that looks like a "Mickey Mouse" site is the link you posted. And your whole thread here is based on your link. Problem is the link is not updated and it stops showing the lineal champ in 2004. And that is all your thread here is based on. My link is updated and shows that since beating Chagaev in 2009, Klitschko is considered the new lineal champ. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                  The only thing that looks like a "Mickey Mouse" site is the link you posted. And your whole thread here is based on your link. Problem is the link is not updated and it stops showing the lineal champ in 2004. And that is all your thread here is based on. My link is updated and shows that since beating Chagaev in 2009, Klitschko is considered the new lineal champ. Deal with it.
                  you work there, dont you.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    The problem, by your standard, is that Spinks didn't have an alphabet belt. By your standards Tyson was already undisputed when he beat linear champion Spinks.

The lineage is here:

http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/achamp.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      The problem, by your standard, is that Spinks didn't have an alphabet belt. By your standards Tyson was already undisputed when he beat linear champion Spinks.

The lineage is here:

http://www.cyberboxingzone.com/boxing/achamp.htm
                      which belt are we missing?

WBO? that wasn't classed as a real title until at least the mid 90's

if you are of the opinion Wlad is lineal, that's your opinion, mine is that he isn't, but can, and probably will be when he eventually mops up the WBC

Comment

Working...
                      X