Arum: Donaire would break into the PPV domain with the Arce fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
    ppv?? when was the last time 122 lber headline a ppv

Last one I can remember was Erik Morales vs.Reynante Jamili.

Arum is the king of putting on crappy PPV's though, Donaire has already been on a PPV a few times headlining.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post

Last one I can remember was Erik Morales vs.Reynante Jamili.

Arum is the king of putting on crappy PPV's though, Donaire has already been on a PPV a few times headlining.
      true. but not with HBO on board. But still even if Donaire had a 24/7. Donaire wont do well on PPV being at 122/126.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Im sorry to hear that. You picked possibly the worst fight to attend to . But you are right, which better way than to make Donaire look good than to put him in there vs Arce.
        First live fight, atmosphere was amazing.... loved the Garcia fight and Zewski... i'm looking out for that kid.
        Main event was boring, but still... I guess it was alright... I'd do it again.

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
        Donaire has been trying to hard to be a exciting KO fighter. He needs to listen to his corner, jab more and go back to his style, boxer-counter puncher.
        Set it up and not just launch it..... he needs to do that.
        He's letting that Montiel fight get to his head.

Comment

I thought Gamboa is not with TR anymore.

Comment

Arce is tHe most known fight and a fan friendly fighter. They will get hardcore fans to buy the fight but the trick is to get a lot of common boxing fans to buy

Comment

well hbo probably won't let donaire get away with fighting bums for much longer so ppv will be the only option.
              Last edited by daggum; 07-08-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X