Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler just mentioned Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't Sergio meet him at a catchweight?

God forbid Sergio move up in weight.

I just don't believe Kessler can make that healthily, regardless of his bravado.

Comment

Yea I agree with that. It's doubtful he can make 160, while still maintaining his health and comfort. If Martinez would be able to move up a bit, perhaps to 168, it would play out to Kessler's advantage. Although, I do believe Kessler in time could adjust to MW. His power would be a force to be reckoned with in the MW division, as well as it currently is in SMW.

Go Team Kessler!!!

Comment

**** that.

Froch Kessler 2.

Comment

martinez will continue to challenge 147 and 154 boxers who can sell tickets... no way he is challenging guys 1 division above his...

but he said himself he wants to be the #1 P4P fighter... so why not grow some balls and fight someone like kessler at 168?... it will boost his stock and might catch some attention from the casual fans...

Comment

A high-risk fight that wouldn't benefit Martinez at all, so I don't see it happening. But, it would be fun as hell to watch!

Comment

I cant see this happening but if it does not ill gladly settle for Kessler Froch 2

Comment

This fight at 164 would be great and would make big $$$

Comment

Kessler moving down to a full 160 is completely & utterly unfair to him. Martinez better not be talking bout that. He should at least allow a catchweight of 166. (Unless Kessler wants it to be for the middleweight strap).

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
                    martinez would never take that fight. hed rather pick on the smaller cats
                    Oh, right...the long time jmw is picking on smaller long time mw guys. If Kessler moved down to 160, Martinez would kill him. Kessler would be drained and he would not know what the heck is going on with Martinez' style and eat lefts to the face all night.

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie_N. View Post
                      martinez will continue to challenge 147 and 154 boxers who can sell tickets... no way he is challenging guys 1 division above his...

but he said himself he wants to be the #1 P4P fighter... so why not grow some balls and fight someone like kessler at 168?... it will boost his stock and might catch some attention from the casual fans...
                      Ya'll dudes are talking just to talk. Martinez moved UP from 154 to challenge Pavlik (who outweighed him by 11 pounds on fight night)

The only 154 pound guy he fought was Dzinziruk who wanted to move up to 160 to challenge him. Pavlik, Barker and Macklin are all MW's and bigger than Martinez.

He's shown enough balls to move up from 147 to 154 and now to 160......clowns like Ward make 175 pound guys come down to 168 for a fight and ya'll are ok with that but Martinez must "grow some balls" and move up to his 4th weight class to be a man?

GTFO with that wack stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X