Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who will the UK support if khan and mayweather fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    Floyd is disrespectful, obnoxious, offensive, hypocritical and thick as *****.

If u can over look all of that, then support him against a massive homegrown underdog.

smh.

I supported Wlad over Haye, because Haye is also a total twat. Khan can be a twat, but Floyd is the GOAT TWAT.
    Genius boxer. But a ****.
    I think FLoyd needs to take a bit of a risk, something he doesnt usually do, he is calculating and trys to get the odds in his favour like a mathemetician or accountant.
    Floyd needs to come to England and fight khan and id support khan of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweatherfan11 View Post
      It's funny you should should say that because Floyd's pay per views in the UK the other night did better than Khan's ever done. FACT.
      Link or GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweatherfan11 View Post
        It's funny you should should say that because Floyd's pay per views in the UK the other night did better than Khan's ever done. FACT.
        Usually when people have to write "FACT" in capitals at the end of a statement....they are talking out of their arse.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
          Link or GTFO.
          pure BS primetime are still showing replays and asking people to order for it so numbers wont be out and primetime hardly ever reveals numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
            pure BS primetime are still showing replays and asking people to order for it so numbers wont be out and primetime hardly ever reveals numbers
            He(Mayweatherfan11) watched the post fight Floyd press conference interview with Gareth A Davies telling Floyd he sold more than any of Khan's fights...It sounded like complete bs.

Khan would've sold more when he was with SKY with the exposure he got when he was with them. In comparison to Floyd on a unknown channel without hardly any promo.
            Last edited by TheKza; 09-20-2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
              Are you serious? I don't understand where or how people think Khan has this backing. He is not a Ricky Hatton. He has never has been & never will be.

The guy fled to America way too early so he didn't build up that solid fan base and backing like a Hatton, Calzaghe or Hammed did. The guy doesn't have thousands and thousands of fans following him to the States like other British fighters have.
              I'm not claiming Khan has a huge fanbase, I'm saying British fans will almost always back a British fighter, particularly against an 'outspoken' (and that's being kind) American boxer.

And I resent that comment about only those with low IQ's would look up to Floyd. You don't have to respect him as a man to respect his fight game. I'm from the UK, do not possess a low IQ & I'd be supporting Floyd.
              I wasn't referring to knowledgable boxing fans who are familiar with the intricacies of the sport who are genuine fans of his style of boxing, I accept they exist, there are many on this board. I was referring to the casual fans for whom personality and behaviour plays an important role in who they support.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 09-20-2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

If you're from outside the UK and saying things like ' Of course they will support Amir' etc. You need to stfu.

Basically, the PPV fans will get behind Amir. He's a nice guy to the public sure but doesn't show the appreciation like Hatton or Calzaghe, and hasn't half the fanbase they had. So they will be behind him as long as the Union Jack is flown with him.

I myself a Floyd fan since he beat Hatton. He showed great respect for Ricky and this really did turn a lot of the public around on their viewpoint of him. My friends and I are quite serious boxing fans and Mayweather is pretty much all of our favourite fighters.

Overall I think that the UK fans will be split 65-35 in way of Amir. Simply because they choose not to follow boxing.

Comment

It seems only fans from the UK should comment on this topic, but in my opinion (which shouldn't mean much) I think Floyd would have tons of support and possibly equal if not greater. Khan ain't no Hatton, or Hamed for that matter, and it seems Floyd and UK boxing fans have really taken a liking to each other. He's even said he feels more love and respect out there than here in the US.

Comment

everyone I know dislikes Mayweather and wants Pac to whoop him

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      I'm not claiming Khan has a huge fanbase, I'm saying British fans will almost always back a British fighter, particularly against an 'outspoken' (and that's being kind) American boxer.

I wasn't referring to knowledgable boxing fans who are familiar with the intricacies of the sport who are genuine fans of his style of boxing, I accept they exist, there are many on this board. I was referring to the casual fans for whom personality and behaviour plays an important role in who they support.
                      Fair enough.

However I do believe that in this case Khan won't receive the backing that one would think. I just don't believe they feel that affinity towards him, even if his is flying the flag for Britain.

Comment

Working...
                      X