Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What About The Breaks During Berto vs Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What About The Breaks During Berto vs Ortiz?

I made a thread like a month ago talking about how that fight was underrated and how great Ortiz performed. 1 thing I talked about alot in it was Ortiz attitude. He walked in the ring with a mean mug and kept it during the stare down. One of the biggest things I talked about was how Berto was acting like a game and Ortiz was dead serious, specifically during the breaks.

It would be things going on, the ref would break them, Berto would smile & nod at Ortiz, go to tap gloves, and Ortiz would punch him. It happened multiple times. I also remember specifically reading interviews after the fight where Ortiz himself said that Berto wanted to hug & tap gloves all night but he wanted to fight and wasnt going for it. It was the same thing.

Not only that but I still dont think that Floyd just flat out clocked him with no warning anyways. They showed the replay a million times. Everyone acts like Floyd walked up to him like to hug him and then clocked him. He didnt do that. He walked to him, aknowledged the cheap shot, and then it was fight time. He got in his stance to where he couldve clocked him but he didnt. He put his hands to Ortiz chest to either touch gloves or say "lets fight".

He even hesitated after that and did it some more. Then he puched Ortiz. How long does he have to wait? He's already mad for you being dirty and busting his lip. I also dont think that he was looking to get in a sneaky KO blow. He didnt the same 1-2 combo to Mosley and all it did was snap Shane's head back. Even when he caught Gatti, it was just a normal knock down. Its not like he layed into Victor like he couldve.

All of this is overblown. I actually like it though because Im a fan of both guys so its great for me. Floyd still looked good enough to be called thee or one of the best while Victor was able to save face so he can still be considered a major name and fight other guys a notch below Floyd

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    I made a thread like a month ago talking about how that fight was underrated and how great Ortiz performed. 1 thing I talked about alot in it was Ortiz attitude. He walked in the ring with a mean mug and kept it during the stare down. One of the biggest things I talked about was how Berto was acting like a game and Ortiz was dead serious, specifically during the breaks.

It would be things going on, the ref would break them, Berto would smile & nod at Ortiz, go to tap gloves, and Ortiz would punch him. It happened multiple times. I also remember specifically reading interviews after the fight where Ortiz himself said that Berto wanted to hug & tap gloves all night but he wanted to fight and wasnt going for it. It was the same thing.

Not only that but I still dont think that Floyd just flat out clocked him with no warning anyways. They showed the replay a million times. Everyone acts like Floyd walked up to him like to hug him and then clocked him. He didnt do that. He walked to him, aknowledged the cheap shot, and then it was fight time. He got in his stance to where he couldve clocked him but he didnt. He put his hands to Ortiz chest to either touch gloves or say "lets fight".

He even hesitated after that and did it some more. Then he puched Ortiz. How long does he have to wait? He's already mad for you being dirty and busting his lip. I also dont think that he was looking to get in a sneaky KO blow. He didnt the same 1-2 combo to Mosley and all it did was snap Shane's head back. Even when he caught Gatti, it was just a normal knock down. Its not like he layed into Victor like he couldve.

All of this is overblown. I actually like it though because Im a fan of both guys so its great for me. Floyd still looked good enough to be called thee or one of the best while Victor was able to save face so he can still be considered a major name and fight other guys a notch below Floyd
    How was Ortiz able to save face? He had no game plan, was totally outclassed, and embarrassed himself by overapologizing and desevervingly getting his stupid a$$ knocked out. Then as usual after the fight he is grinning like an idiot. Ortiz is a frontrunning glass chined waste of talent like Zab Judah.

Comment

Working...
    X