Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please translate this JMM interview breaking down PAC's style of fighting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please translate this JMM interview breaking down PAC's style of fighting

Sounds like a very informative interview about how to fight PAC.

he says u have 2 move w/ pac's rhythm.

Comment

JMM: he's a fighter that still fast, he using more his right hand, he used it more with uppers. Before he was a fighter that would definetly knock you down if he landed a straight left, he used to fight only with the 1-2, but now he's using left counters, after you jab him, he counters right back with a right hand. He moves quickly and now he's using the right upper which he didnt use before. He' somehow tricky, he makes you think he's gonna give you a body shot so you can slightly lower your guard, in that moment the comes with a strong 1-2. he has knocked several guys, and he used that trick to knock out mosley,

Interviewer. Did you see him doing better or worse?

JMM: I saw him doing well, as usual, but not like other times. a little slower maybe.

INT: he said he had a cramp on 1 of his legs.

JMM: That might be the reason.

INT: well and mosley didnt bring a fight

JMM: Yes that's why we were not able to witness a great fight.

INT: Juan to take Paquiao out of rythm and distance, what do you have to do?

JMM:I've always said it, you have to fight him with the same rythm, if pacquiao moves, you gotta move at the same rythm, throw him punches, not be static and throw combinations, trick him a lil bit, fakin punches and tryin to land solid ones. And most important counter punch him.

INT: Can someone win pacquiao/ Can pacquiao be beaten ?

JMM: Of course, you can beat him.

INT: I guess you have to be fearless also

JMM: If you're scared you will not be able to defeat anyone.

INT: Did mosley was scared?

JMM: A lot i think he was scared of being knocked out

Comment

INT: Here we are in the ring with JMM, ready to talk about the performance of Pac in his last fight and how has he evolved in his past fights

Marquez: Yeah, he's a fighter who's still fast, a fighter who has been using a lot more his right hand with hooks and uppers, especially throwing them with a lot of speed, before he was a guy who knocked you down with his left hand.

INT: He used a lot the 1-2 combination

Marquez: Yeah, but now he's using his left hand to counter, after you jab he hits you with his left hand above your jab, and then he moves very fast and throws hooks and now he's even throwing uppers, something that he was not doing before.

INT: Uppers with the right hand

Marquez: Yeah, and after the hooks and uppers he throws his left hand with an incredible speed

INT: He has some special feints, it looks like he's going to throw you punches to the body, and after you lower your guard he throws you to the head

Marquez: Yeah, he has done that feints to all the boxers he has faced, and he always hits them with the left hand

INT: Has he done that feint to you?

Marquez: Yes, he did it to me in the first fight, and also in the second one but now I know how he uses that feint.

INT: How is that feint Juan?

Marquez: It's a feint in which he's moving in his southpaw stand and then he feints you by ducking a little bit, but then he throws a lightning 1-2 combination and all the fighters taht have received that punch have been knocked down

INT: That's how he knocked down Mosley?

Marquez: Yeah, that's the way he knocked down Mosley, his feint is really fast and he's moving around and it seems like he's going to get into your guard, but then he takes a step back and then hits you with a powerful 1-2 combination

INT: Did you see a better or worse Manny?

Marquez: Well I think he was good, as always, but not as good as I've seen him in some other fights, he was not as fast as he always is.

INT: Manny said he had leg cramps

Marquez: Well I think that was the problem, but well...

INT: And that Mosley didn't wanted to fight

Marquez: Yeah, it's not an excuse but Mosley also didn't wanted to fight and that's why the fight was not the great fight that everyone was expecting

INT: Juan, how do you get Manny out of his rythm

Marquez: I've always said that you have to fight at the same rythm as Pacquiao fights, if he moves at some rythm you also have to move at the same rythm, always moving around not standing in a same spot, you have to move to the sides while throwing combinations and suddenly also feint him with hooks, right hands and uppers and move, using a lot of feints while countering him with hard combinations.

INT: Can he be beaten?

Marquez: Of course

INT: With fear it's impossible

Marquez: No, with fear you're not going to beat anyone

INT: Mosley was afraid of him

Marquez: Yeah, he was very afraid, I think he didn't wanted to be KOd.
        Last edited by vacon04; 06-30-2011, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the vid and translation

Comment

good stuff...

Comment

i think jmm really does like and respect pac after all.....he just needs to chill about the past 2 fights with pac, that is all....

Comment

Marquez said that Pacquiao use alot of his right hand now. That Pacquiao left is very lethal and will drop you if he hits you cleanly. Marquez said if Pacquiao does drop you with his left, never let him let you with his right because that will hypnotize you and make you walk to the wrong corner.

Comment

thanks for the translation guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
                    Sounds like a very informative interview about how to fight PAC.

Marquez is pretty good at the commentary, I would like to hear him break Mayweather down too.

Comment

Working...
                    X