Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the better legacy between Pacquiao and Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    He was at the end of his prime by the time he hit WW man.

Lets talk about his LW run...I have no problem with at all.

Arguably the greatest run at LW, a very rich history, of all time.

Only the likes of Leonard and Gans can match Duran run at LW...

So lets discuss shall we?

Buchanan HOF'er, DeJesus borderline HOF'er, then you add wins over contenders Kobayashi, Ishimatsu, Lampkin, Bizzarro, Viruet, Robertson.

I'm not even counting Ernesto Marcel another borderline HOF'er. He didn't fight Marcel at LW, he fought Marcel at his best weight-class of 130.

Duran is arguably fighter of the decade of the 70's mofo dominated the LW division like only Leonard and Gans have....Arguably the greatest LW of all time is Duran.

Then he skipped 140 beat 2 more HOF'ers in Palomino and Cuevas then beat an prime undefeated ATG in Leonard.

Look a this man greatness. 1971 he beat a top contender in Kobayashi, 1997 he beat a top contender in Jorge Castro...

Think about that for a second...Look at how crazy that is... He beat top contenders in 3 different decades man....Please just STFU.

I didn't even mention the win he had over Barkley who was coming off the destruction of Thomas Hearns.

C'mon man.
    Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    instinto has an obsession with the word KTFO and any boxer who gets "KTFO" is automatically below his only god manny pacquiao because "they fought bums" and "got KTFO". that's literally the only 2 arguments he ever puts up against boxers he shits on. i stopped taking this clown seriously awhile ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
      There is a big difference between contenders and elite fighters. If you wanna be considered TOP 5 GOAT, you have to beat elite fighters, not cab drivers.
      He's not in my top 5. Duran is not even in my top 10 ATG.

But, he's way above Pac. I tell you that much.

And, for the record my top 5 all time looks like this.

SRR
      Langford
      Greb
      Armstrong
      B. Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
        when he beat hatton at 140..hatton wasnt the best there man...
        Who was the best there then?

Comment

I thought Duran beat Camacho in their first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Instinto View Post
            Your logic is in the level of school guys. Nobody will ever enter then HOF besides Leonard from Duran's resume. In Pacquiao's resume up to 5 boxers or even more will end up being HOFer.
            What are you talking about?

Buchanan, Palomino, Leonard, Cuevas all are in the IBHOF?

DeJesus is in the WBHOF...

DeJesus still might get in the IBHOF.

What do you mean only Leonard is in the HOF?

Do you know of what you speak of?

Comment

Originally posted by gapo View Post
              Its a different era... Its hard to gauge to the 2 right now. Pacquiao lost 2 fights via ko,,, duran lost twice to camacho. That puts duran down in my opinion.
              LOL @ that logic.

Comment

He was at the end of his prime by the time he hit WW man.

Lets talk about his LW run...I have no problem with at all.

Arguably the greatest run at LW, a very rich history, of all time.

Only the likes of Leonard and Gans can match Duran run at LW...

So lets discuss shall we?

Buchanan HOF'er, DeJesus borderline HOF'er, then you add wins over contenders Kobayashi, Ishimatsu, Lampkin, Bizzarro, Viruet, Robertson.

I'm not even counting Ernesto Marcel another borderline HOF'er. He didn't fight Marcel at LW, he fought Marcel at his best weight-class of 130.

Duran is arguably fighter of the decade of the 70's mofo dominated the LW division like only Leonard and Gans have....Arguably the greatest LW of all time is Duran.

Then he skipped 140 beat 2 more HOF'ers in Palomino and Cuevas then beat an prime undefeated ATG in Leonard.

Look a this man greatness. 1971 he beat a top contender in Kobayashi, 1997 he beat a top contender in Jorge Castro...

Think about that for a second...Look at how crazy that is... He beat top contenders in 3 different decades man....Please just STFU.

I didn't even mention the win he had over Barkley who was coming off the destruction of Thomas Hearns.

C'mon man.
                None of them even come close to borderline HOF seriously. At that time LW division sucked, all those DeJesus, Ishimatsu, Lampkin, Bizzarro, Viruet, Robertson didn't win anything significant before facing Duran. Many boxers you pointed like Marcel were green without experience and zero accomplishments. Just because Duran was KOing contenders impressively doesn't mean that he was beating elite fighters.

Kobayshi my ass doesn't make you ATG and that mediocre contender Jorge Castro beat him by a decision.

Comment

What are you talking about?

Buchanan, Palomino, Leonard, Cuevas all are in the IBHOF?

DeJesus is in the WBHOF...

DeJesus still might get in the IBHOF.

What do you mean only Leonard is in the HOF?

Do you know of what you speak of?
                  IBHOF has neglected certain fighters its almost criminal.

Comment

Pacquiao has the better legacy and its not even close.

Comment

LOL @ that logic.
                      was i being too hard on the "hands of stone"? lol

Comment

Working...
                      X