Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which all time great should not be there?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pernell Whitaker is an ATG but more along the lines of Shane Mosley/Joe Frazier level no where near as good as most of his fan boys would like you to believe

Comment

So Ezzard Charles is considered the best light heavyweight of all time and has the best boxing resume and pound for pound he's one of the best, usually ranked 2nd or 3rd behind Robinson or Robinson and Langford, is that right? I was just looking up his record. Looks like he won the heavyweight title but not the light heavyweight title. Did he ever even get a shot at the title at light heavy, because I don't see it listed anywhere so was wondering if someone could enlighten me on this.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Pernell Whitaker is an ATG but more along the lines of Shane Mosley/Joe Frazier level no where near as good as most of his fan boys would like you to believe
        By fan boys you must mean most serious followers of boxing, both in and out of the sport. They haven't forgotten him embarrassing Julio Cesar Chavez in Texas.

Whitaker is sometimes considered a top five lightweight, while Mosley isn't close to the top 10 all time in any weight class.
        Last edited by Scott9945; 03-04-2013, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          By fan boys you must mean most serious followers of boxing, both in and out of the sport. They haven't forgotten him embarrassing Julio Cesar Chavez in Texas.

Whitaker is sometimes considered a top five lightweight, while Mosley isn't close to the top 10 all time in any weight class.
          Your boy's 3 biggest fights were all against guys moving up in weight (Nelson, Chavez, DLH) and he only won 1 of the fights LMFAO. Whitaker's whole reputation is based off his whining because he couldn't beat guys moving up in weight to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Your boy's 3 biggest fights were all against guys moving up in weight (Nelson, Chavez, DLH) and he only won 1 of the fights LMFAO. Whitaker's whole reputation is based off his whining because he couldn't beat guys moving up in weight to fight him.
            ^^^^^ If somebody could be banned for being an irredeemable ****** this "special" genius could be considered first in line :rolleyes9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
              Just to play devils advocate on the Gatti HOF debate.

Could it be argued that Gatti has done more for the sport of boxing then another boxer who hasn't produced so many great fights? I know many people who knew little about boxing but because of those fights became casual boxing fans. That's more that can be said of a guy like Kostya Tsyzu who is the unquestionable better boxer but doesn't have nearly the collection of classic fights?
              True, but Kostya would have been way too much for Arturo, in all my time watching fighters Kostya is a big candidate for biggest p4p puncher, there is only so much punishment a guy can take before going to sleep against Kostya/ I am not saying he is the biggest puncher I have seen in my era but hell that bloke had some serious sledgehammers, he was also smart and fast. I wanted to see that fight once but after seeing some of the wars Arturo was in I was afraid for his well-being and I hoped that he would retire earlier, no glory is worth dying for in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                ^^^^^ If somebody could be banned for being an irredeemable ****** this "special" genius could be considered first in line :rolleyes9:

Poet
                I would have agreed with you until I read some twerp who described Marciano as a, get this........ "A weak man"...... so sorry, SCTrojans is not the dumbest here, even he would probably admit that the Rock was not a weakling. There is a bigger twerp on the block now.

Comment

Working...
                X