Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I see a lot of Roberto Duran in Brandon Rios.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been saying that for years, I see a little Duran in him as well.

Comment

He's way better than Duran... Yea but I can see Roberto Duran in Brandon Rios..

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31
        I hate the hype on Rios and Matthysse, I wasted lots of time in the past trying to explain certain fighters, and it is normally a hard punching pressure type fighter aren't that good, can't wait for these guys to lose so it stops.

Had it with Maidana a couple of years ago, it is very annoying. Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I do realise both these guys are better than Maidana, but I have to read utter crud about these guys every day.
        You think Matthysse is a pure brawler/pressure fighter? Sigh...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Do you mean Brandon Rios gains so much weight between fights that a lot of prime Roberto Duran could fit inside Brandon Rios?

Because then I agree.

Comment

The only thing he can hope to have similar is his will and aggressiveness... as for the rest of the skillset, be it quickness, head movement, defensive skills, etc. they are GALAXIES apart from each other... Hell I even saw more of Duran in Ricky Hatton than I see in Brandon
            Last edited by migaledut; 11-27-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
                Brandon Rios is nothing like Duran. Rios is a slug it out with you punching bag. Duran was a great boxer who could punch. Duran was also a great defensive fighter. He had great head movement. A fighter like Mike Avarado would of been shut out by Duran. Duran moved up from LW to WW and beat the great Sugar Ray Leonard. Rios couldnt touch a top WW now let alone someone as great as Leonard.

Comment

I see a lot of Brandon Rios in Roberto Duran.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                    Brandon Rios is nothing like Duran. Rios is a slug it out with you punching bag. Duran was a great boxer who could punch. Duran was also a great defensive fighter. He had great head movement. A fighter like Mike Avarado would of been shut out by Duran. Duran moved up from LW to WW and beat the great Sugar Ray Leonard. Rios couldnt touch a top WW now let alone someone as great as Leonard.
                    yes, you are correct.

Comment

I see dead people.

Comment

Working...
                      X