No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn Offers Wilder $12.5M flat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
    The torch hasn't been passed to Joshua. We are trying to find out who the best hvw is and we keep having to read **** from nobody knows Wilder to Wilder should accept a flat fee.

Joshua's technical skill...what is it? They say its this and that but we haven't seen anything in two fights but two boring ass wins. Wins that are not even in style just size.

His last two performances have been two boring ass fights say the fans. Now don't get me wrong, winning is winning, and that's all that counts but the Wlad fight fooled a lot of fight fans into thinking that this is what we will get from Joshua from here on out. I knew that this wasn't going to be the case. He is stiff and doesn't have that kind of style. When you fight a 41 year old man you can showcase your arsenal.

Wilder has an obligation to follow orders-from who?

And for the love of God, why would you think that Wilder doesn't want the fight? For the love of God why? Lmao. His people want the fight but they won't accept a flat fee sorry. No fighter should when you have a name that can help generate revenue.
    You have to look at tape. Joshua has good punching technique, decent footwork, he has developed a jab and defensive skills. He also can fight inside. Not that he is a phenom but he has developed a lot of skills from his initial limited arsenal, which is what you want to do as a pro. "Boring" is a very non descriptive term when specifically discussing ability and skills, again I don't really care for Joshua but he has skills that are demonstrated if you look at his fights.

When you beat the guy who was considered the champ, that is the torch in a manner of speaking. Its not really even logical...its just that Joshua got there at that time won that fight, was endorsed by Vlad... that stuff does matter to a degree, whether it is a testiment to skill, or not.

Wilder follows orders from his team. He does not make decisions in a vacuum, or at the very least there is a way things are decided that considers more than just the fighters inclinations. Listen, I do real estate and had to come out to my old stomping grounds to see a project through...I didn't just jump on a plane though!! Had to ask the wife, figure out when and if I needed to be out here...Wilder is a fighter, given his own devices Im sure he would gladly fight Joshua on the cobbles if he could! But.... people are calculating what he should do, what he should accept, etc.

So its not Wilder per se its his team. the flat fee could be a point of negotiation. If one understands HOW this fight is determining value one will see what Wilder can ultimately demand. If I were him it would be a percentage of some sort and a rematch clause. He has to remember he needs this fight to come up to the next earning mark more than joshua does, its that simple in some ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
      When Mayweather and Pac sold 1 Mil PPV or so, the end purse of most of the opponents wasn't even 12.5 Mil.. they were getting 3 to 6 mil...

Wilder needs to realise that 12.5 Mil is more than what 99% of boxers get paid a fight. It's 5 times his last headlining purse...

This is not a purse of 100 Million...
      they get paid on whats projected thru their guaranteed purse no?

again its hearn throwing out those number on what they believe how much it can make

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
        So you think team Joshua will pass on Vegas for less money at home?
        I think UK is the safe option and nether is a draw in the US.

People in America have no idea who either are, so I think Vegas is the gamble.

Comment

• Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
          Manny didn't make 200 million FFS.

You idiots keep making up numbers all the time such as 100 million purses total for AJ VS Wilder LOL. Is it because they are multiples of 100 ffs? LOL

Manny was making in excess of 30 mil a fight after PPV. Guarantees 25 Mil...

40 mil flat fee wasn't anything special when he was earning close enough to it.

Wilder is earning 5 times less than the offer Hearn sent.

When Pac and Mayweather sold 1 million or so PPV, even most of their opponents didn't make 12.5 Mil.
          I've already corrected myself since then, as you clearly already saw. He made in the range of 100-120 million which still clearly reinforces my point. Wilder would be a fool to take a flat fee on a PPV fight.

The end

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
            Eh?

Hughie Fury would wipe the floor with Wilder. He wouldn't land a punch.
            Lol! English fan delusion at it's finest

Comment

• Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
              Lowball? LOL!

Wilder's highest payday so far is $2,1 million, more than $10 million less than $12,5 million.
              I can't believe you thinking that with your avatar and sig pics lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Holler View Post
                Parker went to London to fight for 2 additional major belts. Wilder would be going to become the first ever undisputed heavyweight champion to hold 4 major belts plus the IBO.

Even if he lost he'd be made for life just from the revenues from the fight alone let alone a rematch. If he won he'd see his profile skyrocket and the price he could charge per fight go along with it.

That's all thanks to AJ's work in winning (and overpaying) for the belts. Work Wilder can take advantage of just by showing up and getting lucky with his right hand.
                So by your theory, Joshua deserves so much more money for the risk but Wilder doesn't? Are you admitting that Wilder is the favorite?

This is simple: Wilder had a title before Joshua and Fury has lineage, not Joshua. So to me, they're both equal in terms of world standing even though Joshua has more belts. The very fact that Wilder was a champion prior to Joshua and Anthony didn't beat the man who beat the man, etc...makes this an even fight. Now, if you factor in Joshua's drawing power in the UK, he deserves the bigger piece of the pie but certainly not what the flat fee indicates. That's chump change. Can you imagine Wilder offering 12.5 million to Joshua in Vegas if he were to beat him for the titles? That's my point. That's a low ball offer. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  So by your theory, Joshua deserves so much more money for the risk but Wilder doesn't? Are you admitting that Wilder is the favorite?

No, no and no. My post was a response to the question posed above and in particular the implicit assumption that because parker got x then wilder deserved y.

I'm pointing out that the situation has changed since then and the opportunity for wilder is that much greater because of it. AJ is offering Wilder a chance that no other heavyweight has ever had in the istory of the sport, including AJ hitself.

I think wilder deserves to be well compensated and of course he will be or the fight won't take place.

Comment

• Of course he should take it. Wilder expects to win, so josh would want to avenge the loss and hed take peanuts for the chance to beat Wilder in rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holler View Post
                      No, no and no. My post was a response to the question posed above and in particular the implicit assumption that because parker got x then wilder deserved y.

I'm pointing out that the situation has changed since then and the opportunity for wilder is that much greater because of it. AJ is offering Wilder a chance that no other heavyweight has ever had in the istory of the sport, including AJ hitself.

I think wilder deserves to be well compensated and of course he will be or the fight won't take place.
                      You have to realize that Wilder is also offering AJ the chance to make more money than he could facing anyone else in the world not named Floyd Mayweather and the opportunity to unify the belts at the same time. Pretty good deal for him to walk away from as well. 60-40 in Joshua's favor is more than fair.

Comment

Working...
                      X