No announcement yet.

How does Floyd not get credit for beating a guy 3 years ago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Just to clarify, you aren't saying Mayweather should get credit for Marquez's KO right?
    I hope not, that'd be pretty stupid. Any person with credibility knows triangle theories don't work

Mayweather dominated Marquez. I give him credit for that.
    Shame he ducked Pacquiao like the plague, so we could never see who was better between Pacquiao and Mayweather.

Noone knows who would have won. Can't really say Marquez and Mayweather are similar, Mayweather isn't as powerful, no way he could score that KO.
    No he should get credit for dominating JMM

Comment

Mayweather is the best boxer alive..

Why doesn't he get credit? Because he is a high performance sports car who races against Honda civics and then brags about being the fastest guy on the block.
      He will not fight anyone who poses a "real" threat.

Or Maybe he is just too good .. and that is boring.
      People like imperfection.

Whatever it is.. Floyd sucks donkey balls because he is Floyd Mayweather.

Get over it.

Comment

The Invisible Man

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        Who 3 years later and 3 years older knocked Manny out cold at the full 147 limit? yet people dont want to give Floyd any credit for making him look childish when he was 3 years younger...and dont come at me bout muscles cause muscles dont win fights never have and never will..skills wins fights
        You have to understand bro that too much static stands between Floyd Mayweather and his legacy. Floyd has spent a career building a persona that people love to hate, they aren't going to really honor him until he's long retired. The paradox of Floyd's career is that the money he's making is cold comfort, he made himself fabulously wealthy but where's the love? He has wealth without love. Even in defeat Manny Pacquiao will forever be loved more than Mayweather, no it isn't fair in the scheme of things, but when you choose greed over love, the results are predictable, Mayweather knows this all too well.

Floyd Mayweather is a businessman, therefore greed is good to him, it's the American way. But it turns out that naked greed is truly uninspiring, while being humble and measured has the exact opposite effect. It's a conscious formula that's employed by their handlers and the boxers themselves, because morally speaking, these guys stack up the same.

No one's perfect and everyone is biased for one thing or another and for ultimately shallow reasons, but hey, underneath it all this is just entertainment.
        Last edited by Slip Stream; 12-17-2012, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
          Mayweather is the best boxer alive..

Why doesn't he get credit? Because he is a high performance sports car who races against Honda civics and then brags about being the fastest guy on the block.
          He will not fight anyone who poses a "real" threat.

Or Maybe he is just too good .. and that is boring.
          People like imperfection.

Whatever it is.. Floyd sucks donkey balls because he is Floyd Mayweather.

Get over it.
          who are those fighters?

Comment

Jmm ko'd Manny at 147 weight limit came weighed in at 143 while manny weighed in at 147 so kill that weight excuse
            JMM KO'd Pacquiao after his fourth fight above 135lbs

When he fought Mayweather in his previous he weighed in at 134lbs and had never even fought at JWW never mind WW.

You know all this already, you just don't want to acknowledge it.

As I said, let Mayweather meet him at 143 or 144lbs and we'll find out who the better fighter is - and FMJ gets full credit if he beats him.
            Last edited by Weebler I; 12-17-2012, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
              Floyd Mayweather is a businessman, therefore greed is good to him
              lol, wtf you talking about "businessman"? the guy throws money around clubs and gambles away his earnings. Even 50 Cent says he has no income outside boxing.

He's not a businessman, he's an imbecile who on account of his father knows how to box.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                JMM KO'd Pacquiao after his fourth fight at WW and fifth fight above 135lbs

When he fought Mayweather in his previous he weighed in at 134lbs and had never even fought at JWW never mind WW.

You know all this already, you just don't want to acknowledge it.

As I said, let Mayweather meet him at 143 or 144lbs and we'll find out who the better fighter is - and FMJ gets full credit if he beats him.
                4th fight at ww??he had 1 with Floyd and this was his 2nd with Manny..where did you get 4?..Floyd beat him on skills not size,Jmm couldnt touch him..how would weight affect that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  lol, wtf you talking about "businessman"? the guy throws money around clubs and gambles away his earnings. Even 50 Cent says he has no income outside boxing.

He's not a businessman, he's an imbecile who on account of his father knows how to box.
                  Wow bro, I gotta be honest, you aren't very smart.....

Comment

Who 3 years later and 3 years older knocked Manny out cold at the full 147 limit? yet people dont want to give Floyd any credit for making him look childish when he was 3 years younger...and dont come at me bout muscles cause muscles dont win fights never have and never will..skills wins fights
                    I thought it was a newbie who started this thread ..... man oh man!

Comment

who are those fighters?
                      Anyone who is not damaged goods or past their prime (Cotto, DLH, Judah, Mosley) .. Or anyone he obviously can't lose to. **Hatton, Ortiz, Baldomir)

I am sure now that Pac has been Kayoed "the fight" is more likely to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X