Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight night round 4, everyone has a high workrate in punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight night round 4, everyone has a high workrate in punches?

Everyone is a calzaghe, or gamboa in this game? Bernard Hopkins now can throw over 1,000 punches for once in his career.

Nope, my last fight was against a counter puncher who rarely ever threw a punch. Very elusive and hard to hit.

My first fight I was mike tyson and I went crazy, throwing a ton of punches. By the 5th round my stamina was very low, by the 6th-7th round it was nearly gone and I slowed down considerably. I ended up getting KO'd as a result.

So yeah, everyone can be Calzaghe if they want (you decide that) but it WILL effect you.

The guys online who do it never last the full distance.

And when you play in career mode, you'll fight all types of different styles. Some CPU's will fight you from the outside, some are counter punchers that don't throw much, others are sluggers, etc.

In Fight Night round 3 it seemed the CPU pretty much always fought the same. Totally opposite in fight night 4.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 06-25-2009, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I barely throw punches at all unless I have my opponewnt hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        I barely throw punches at all unless I have my opponewnt hurt.
        how do you get your opponent hurt in the first place then?

Comment

Online its crazy from what I hear, my first online match was unranked just to see what the competition was like to get my game on. My opponent just started spamming right and left hooks non stop without getting tired, my block bar got so low that I got KO, I didn't bother getting up because that was just stupid. I won't play online until people are not able to spam punches like crazy.

Comment

You have to crank up the settings in order for better/more realistic play.

That default setting where the boxer speed/toughness etc is half way makes the game really sluggish. It makes K.O.'s WAY more likely.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

yea, u prolly only seeing this cuz ur new to the game, thats clearly the first way everyone plays it, just go to war. throwing shots.

but as u play it more and get better, u will truly see how there is many different styles to play in this game. its incredible

Comment

Originally posted by Kinto View Post
                My opponent just started spamming right and left hooks non stop without getting tired, my block bar got so low that I got KO, I didn't bother getting up because that was just stupid. I won't play online until people are not able to spam punches like crazy.
                Yeah reads like you just got straight up KTFO with pressure.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Kinto View Post
                  Online its crazy from what I hear, my first online match was unranked just to see what the competition was like to get my game on. My opponent just started spamming right and left hooks non stop without getting tired, my block bar got so low that I got KO, I didn't bother getting up because that was just stupid. I won't play online until people are not able to spam punches like crazy.
                  Yep, it seems like there are some untalented guys and this is the only way they know how to win.

But, they are really, really easy to beat if you know what to do.

-When they are spamming jabs or straights or hooks, bob & weave then follow with a hook. By doing this you will dodge a punch, and nail them, which will be a counter and it should instantly hurt them or better yet, stun them or you will score a flash knock down. Works all the time.

-Be patient. It might not seem like their stamina is going anywhere, but it will. Keep doing what I said above and also stay on the outside to make them come forward, then bob & weave. There stamina will go down and by the mid to late rounds if you still haven't KO'd them, their stamina will be very low.

-Body punches take away stamina. In addition to the bob & weave, use body punches when you can. I like to be on the outside then come in with a right or left body uppercut, follow up with another body punch or a shot to the head, then move out. This will effectively drain the health and stamina.

-If they ever get inside and try to spam, PUSH them off and move away to set up your punches. Pushing is VERY effective in online play.

Use these tactics and spammers will become the easiest guys to beat on online. They are simply unskilled fighters, probably kids, that don't know how to box.

Comment

Working...
                  X