No announcement yet.

The Top 10 Most Difficult Games List!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 10 Most Difficult Games List!

Below is a list compiling the Top 10 Most Difficult Games I found on the Internet, althouh I don't completely agree with the list personally, it's still a good article. Anyway, on the the show...

10) Alien Hominid HD

What began as a tough flash game became a legitimate phenomenon on several consoles, staying very difficult throughout.

9) Ikaruga by TREASURE Co., Ltd.

In a nod to classic top-down shooters, Ikaruga brings in all of the elements that has made the genre popular, including the steep difficulty.

8) R-Type by Hudson

The original shooter in the beloved franchise, the first R-Type is extremely difficult for all but the most hardcore fans.

7) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Nintendo

The first game that helped make the turtles a household game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is tough from the get-go, with overly precise jumping puzzles and tons of enemies.

6) Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos by Tecmo

The sequel to the NES smash hit is also one of the toughest of the bunch, which is a feat considering how they’re all nearly impossible.

5) Shinobi by SEGA

SEGA’s ninja franchise stormed the PS2 with a fury when Shinobi launched, easily one of the hardest games on the system.

4) Ghosts N' Goblins by Capcom Entertainment

Few games throw an incredibly different series of levels at you AND THEN force you to do it all over again after getting to the final boss, but Ghosts and Goblins is a cruel, cruel beast.

3) Contra 4 by Konami

The latest Contra (and first proper entry to the series in well over a decade) brings the series back in hair-pullingly difficult form.

2) Battletoads by Tradewest

Quite arguably the toughest NES game of all time, I’ve never met anyone capable of completing the Snake Pit.

1) Ninja Gaiden Sigma by Tecmo

Volumes could be written about Ninja Gaiden’s difficulty, and those that have actually beaten on any difficulty level are certainly to be commended.

double dragon 3 for nes

Comment

River City Ransom in single player
      MonkeyBall

If a game is too hard it is pointless the fun is gone.

Comment

Games too hard = ****, I mean I like a challenge btu when I throw the controller I know it aint good.

Comment

Devil May Cry 3 and Castlevania 3

Comment

I completed Alien Hominid, it wasn't hard at all.

Most of the other games are hard because of the annoying AI.

Comment

Battletoads is epic in difficulty. As a younger kid busting out the NES I'd use the Konami code for 99 lives and I still couldn't beat it. As the years went on I picked it back up and was able to do it w/ a solid number of lives left, but jeeze.... Ridiculous.

I would also agree at how hard Ninja Gaiden II was. Don't think I ever got passed like the 4th level. Kinda' surprised Shinobi is on the list, I never beat the game, but I recall getting very deep in the game the 1 and only time I rented it back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by boricua5150 View Post
                Below is a list compiling the Top 10 Most Difficult Games I found on the Internet, althouh I don't completely agree with the list personally, it's still a good article. Anyway, on the the show...

10) Alien Hominid HD

What began as a tough flash game became a legitimate phenomenon on several consoles, staying very difficult throughout.

9) Ikaruga by TREASURE Co., Ltd.

In a nod to classic top-down shooters, Ikaruga brings in all of the elements that has made the genre popular, including the steep difficulty.

8) R-Type by Hudson

The original shooter in the beloved franchise, the first R-Type is extremely difficult for all but the most hardcore fans.

7) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Nintendo

The first game that helped make the turtles a household game, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is tough from the get-go, with overly precise jumping puzzles and tons of enemies.

6) Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos by Tecmo

The sequel to the NES smash hit is also one of the toughest of the bunch, which is a feat considering how they’re all nearly impossible.

5) Shinobi by SEGA

SEGA’s ninja franchise stormed the PS2 with a fury when Shinobi launched, easily one of the hardest games on the system.

4) Ghosts N' Goblins by Capcom Entertainment

Few games throw an incredibly different series of levels at you AND THEN force you to do it all over again after getting to the final boss, but Ghosts and Goblins is a cruel, cruel beast.

3) Contra 4 by Konami

The latest Contra (and first proper entry to the series in well over a decade) brings the series back in hair-pullingly difficult form.

2) Battletoads by Tradewest

Quite arguably the toughest NES game of all time, I’ve never met anyone capable of completing the Snake Pit.

1) Ninja Gaiden Sigma by Tecmo

Volumes could be written about Ninja Gaiden’s difficulty, and those that have actually beaten on any difficulty level are certainly to be commended.
                The TRUTH! I remember getting so frustrated at this game that I stood on my controller with one foot and ripped the cord out like I was starting a lawnmower.

Comment

Fade to black was ****ing hard

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
                    Battletoads is epic in difficulty. As a younger kid busting out the NES I'd use the Konami code for 99 lives and I still couldn't beat it. As the years went on I picked it back up and was able to do it w/ a solid number of lives left, but jeeze.... Ridiculous.

I would also agree at how hard Ninja Gaiden II was. Don't think I ever got passed like the 4th level. Kinda' surprised Shinobi is on the list, I never beat the game, but I recall getting very deep in the game the 1 and only time I rented it back in the day.
                    Ninja Gaiden II was hard as ****, but not when you play as much as I did. I've played so much that I was capable of getting to the 7th act without losing a continue, lol.

Contra: Shattered Soldier is the toughest game I ever played.

Comment

Working...
                    X