No announcement yet.

Mares-Moreno, Abril-Bogere, Russell Jr., Olympians eyed for Oct. 13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    I think this is the wrong way to be competing for viewers. I think its better to try and put on better shows on different nights and win the viewers over. With a viewer watching the HBO card, how will they know if the card on Showtime was better or not, just based on fighters' names?

Like I said, this is screwing the fighters and network out of viewers and money. Do you think Canelo vs Lopez will make as much as it could've if it was on another date?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    the thing u aren't understanding is this has nothing to do with boxing. this is how networks do battle. I've been watching both channels for at least 10 years and this is not at all unusual. u can blame the promoters or something but this is all part of the battle. showtime wants viewers and they want to steal viewers from HBO so they have to put on good cards of their own. to go up against hbo's cards. there's no point in complaining about it. to them its bigger than boxing. like I said they do it with their original series and their movie premiers as well. they try to stagger it to steal some of the viewers bit its all part of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      I wouldn't write Mares off yet. I might even put points on him. Moreno likes to fight at a comfortable pace, at his pace and in his zone but Mares won't allow that.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Most definitely. Im sure Mares knows this too. IMO This is as 50/50 as the Alvarado/Rios fight. Maybe even moreso. Winner of this fight should overtake Donaire in the P4P rankings too.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        the thing u aren't understanding is this has nothing to do with boxing. this is how networks do battle. I've been watching both channels for at least 10 years and this is not at all unusual. u can blame the promoters or something but this is all part of the battle. showtime wants viewers and they want to steal viewers from HBO so they have to put on good cards of their own. to go up against hbo's cards. there's no point in complaining about it. to them its bigger than boxing. like I said they do it with their original series and their movie premiers as well. they try to stagger it to steal some of the viewers bit its all part of the game.
        What do you mean? This is a boxing event we're talking about here. Idk to me this is just the wrong way to "steal" viewers. Showtime was starting to win me over but pulling **** like this makes me wanna say :****you:. And Im sure Im not the only one who feels this way.
        Originally posted by Elotero View Post
        Most definitely. Im sure Mares knows this too. IMO This is as 50/50 as the Alvarado/Rios fight. Maybe even moreso. Winner of this fight should overtake Donaire in the P4P rankings too.
        Gonna be hard to do if he beats Nishioka.

Comment

Working...
        X