No announcement yet.

Canelo vs smaller opposition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs smaller opposition

Someone posted a few of his notable smaller opponents in another thread...but there have actually been a lot more. Going back to 2010...

Jose cotto*
    Carlos baldomir
    Lovemore ndou
    matthew hatton
    Alfonso gomez
    Shane mosley*
    josesito lopez
    Floyd mayweather*
    amir khan

I'm not sure if he was still a ww when he fought jose cotto...but either way, cotto was a lw/jrww.

Mosley had fought at 154 before, and i don't blame alvarez for taking a fight with a name opponent.

Floyd was at a cw, and who wouldn't take a fight with floyd...

...and if you take into account how much weight he cuts, it's an even bigger disparity.

Comment

How many times has Canelo missed weight?

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        How many times has Canelo missed weight?
        What does that have to do with anything? I'm talking about canelo fighting guys from smaller weight classes. I have no problem with the guy fighting at any weight class where he can make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          What does that have to do with anything? I'm talking about canelo fighting guys from smaller weight classes. I have no problem with the guy fighting at any weight class where he can make weight.
          It's a simple question.

Comment

It's a simple question.
            Yes it is...and to my knowledge, he's never failed to make weight. What's your point tho?

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              Yes it is...and to my knowledge, he's never failed to make weight. What's your point tho?
              Actually he came I a half pound heavy for Angulo. Very u professional. Carry on.

Comment

Actually he came I a half pound heavy for Angulo. Very u professional. Carry on.
                Actually i think it was a full pound...that was his first fight at 155

Comment

He has been feasting in smaller fighters for a while!

Comment

Working...
                  X