Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Freddie Roach receiving too much blame.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Freddie Roach receiving too much blame.

Don't get me wrong I think that he is an overrated trainer but at the same time I think that he is receiving too much flack for the things that have occurred to his fighters in recent years in the sense that I don't think their losses were down to the things he failed to teach them but their own personal deficiencies.

Khan- Let us start with him when Khan got brutally KOed was that down to Roach inability to teach his fighters to fight on the inside? No I don't think it was, it was down to Khan being a frigging idiot. I'm pretty sure that Roach did not teach him to throw right uppercuts on the outside that had zero chance of landing yet that's what he did. Now I feel that he would have lost that fight or had a rough time down the stretch of things due to the things that Roach didn't teach him ( Inside fighting, timing, tying up) but him getting ****ed up inside of 5 rounds was all on Khan.

Pacquiao- Was Pacquiao's brutally KOed down to Freddie Roach? No it wasn't, Pacquiao has fought Marquez before under Roach's guidance, you can argue that they were close, you can argue that he was outboxed, you can argue that he lost but it cannot be said that he was brutally knocked out. Why was Pacquiao brutally knocked out? Because he is a ****ing idiot when it comes to boxing IQ, certain things you should be able to figure out for yourself and make the necessary changes/moves, getting caught with the same punch in multiple fights is partially Pacquiao's fault, throwing caution to the wind in the rounds last seconds is all on him.

Chavez Jr- He has always been ****, he was a lazy sack of **** in the build up to the fight and Martinez is simply in a different league. I can't really fault Roach for Chavez getting a whipping.

Human nature , every loser wants to pin the tail on a donkey !

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      Don't get me wrong I think that he is an overrated trainer but at the same time I think that he is receiving too much flack for the things that have occurred to his fighters in recent years in the sense that I don't think their losses were down to the things he failed to teach them but their own personal deficiencies.

Khan- Let us start with him when Khan got brutally KOed was that down to Roach inability to teach his fighters to fight on the inside? No I don't think it was, it was down to Khan being a frigging idiot. I'm pretty sure that Roach did not teach him to throw right uppercuts on the outside that had zero chance of landing yet that's what he did. Now I feel that he would have lost that fight or had a rough time down the stretch of things due to the things that Roach didn't teach him ( Inside fighting, timing, tying up) but him getting ****ed up inside of 5 rounds was all on Khan.

Pacquiao- Was Pacquiao's brutally KOed down to Freddie Roach? No it wasn't, Pacquiao has fought Marquez before under Roach's guidance, you can argue that they were close, you can argue that he was outboxed, you can argue that he lost but it cannot be said that he was brutally knocked out. Why was Pacquiao brutally knocked out? Because he is a ****ing idiot when it comes to boxing IQ, certain things you should be able to figure out for yourself and make the necessary changes/moves, getting caught with the same punch in multiple fights is partially Pacquiao's fault, throwing caution to the wind in the rounds last seconds is all on him.

Chavez Jr- He has always been ****, he was a lazy sack of **** in the build up to the fight and Martinez is simply in a different league. I can't really fault Roach for Chavez getting a whipping.

Didn't you get the Memo? Ask the guy in your avy and sig about him. He knows all bout Memo.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        Didn't you get the Memo? Ask the guy in your avy and sig about him. He knows all bout Memo.
        1) Heredia has not worked with Bolt.

2) Pacquiao actually has a connection to Heredia through Ariza.

3) If you believe Marquez could get away with cheating then you also have to accept that Pacquiao could get away with cheating.

4) I provided an answer to my question ( it was rhetorical for those reading) and it had nothing to do with PEDs. Marquez exceptional timing and Pacquiao's sheer stupidity and predictability led to him getting put to sleep.

Comment

Working...
        X