No announcement yet.

Why is Marco Huck rated so badly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Marco Huck rated so badly?

Why is Marco Huck always rated so badly? Behind guys who well really haven't done an awful lot?

Is this because of a few questionable decisions hes had do you think?
    #4 on Boxrec behind Tarver, who has a win over Danny Green & a draw against Kayode...

Lets take a look at some of his wins. (Could this be the most underrated resume in boxing?) We all talk about Froch's great run but this is pretty fcukin' impressive IMO

Pietro Aurino 37-2
    Vadim Tokarev 21-0
    (Lost to Cunningham when Cunningham was at his very best)
    Jean Marc Monrose 24-1
    Fabio Tuiach 22-1-0
    Geoffrey Battelo 18-0
    Vitaliy Rusal 23-0
    Victor Emilio Ramirez 15-1
    Ola Afolabi x2 - A win & a draw.
    Adam ''The swamp donkey'' Richards 23-2
    Brian Minto 34-3
    Matt Godfrey 20-1
    Denis Lebedev 21-0
    Ran Nakash 25-0
    Hugo Hernan Garay 34-5
    Rogelio Omar Rossi 17-2-1
    Alexander Povetkin 23-0 (Went upto Heavyweight, controversial loss)

This is just part of his resume, he fought all these and more besides in less than 6 years. Most/all was top 5 at the time he fought them or at least top 10.

Denis Lebedev beat him up but was robbed.

He also fights as if it was a street brawl and comepletly lacks any finesse and skill in the way he fights, he just jumps on people and hits them everywhere like behind the head or on the back and someahave winds because its in germany.

All and all he is just a big strong guy with limited skill, he will get ****ed up fight a fast skilled fighter like haye

Comment

Haha I love how he covers up then explodes. Exciting guy!

I felt Lebedev edged him too but all 3 were very close fights.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
        Denis Lebedev beat him up but was robbed.

He also fights as if it was a street brawl and comepletly lacks any finesse and skill in the way he fights, he just jumps on people and hits them everywhere like behind the head or on the back and someahave winds because its in germany.

All and all he is just a big strong guy with limited skill, he will get ****ed up fight a fast skilled fighter like haye

I'd give him a chance against Haye who I am seriously not impressed with.
        If he hadn't got Huck out of there within 4-5, he'd be in serious trouble.

Comment

I gotta say I am really impressed with Marco Huck lately. I always thought he is a overrated, hyped bum. He lost to Lebedev and imo he also lost the fight in which he won the cruiserweight title against a south american fighter. But the bottom line is Huck is way more skilled than what he looks like. He got better defence than pple give him credit for and he got better offence too. he is pretty damn good actually.
          btw I scored the latest Afolabi fight for Afolabi by 1 point, but only cause Huck saved his energy and gave away all of the first 5 rounds or so. Once Huck turned it on, he basically won every round, but it was too late on my scorecard.
          Huck almost beat Povetkin which was pretty awesome. I definitely think highly of him now cause he impressed me in his last fights really good

Comment

@ Huck losing the first Afolabi fight.

Huck is what he is: a sloppy,strong,unrefined brawler.I've found him more enjoyable to watch over his last couple of fights than I have done in the past,though.

Comment

He's easily on of the most ignored boxers on the planet. Very exciting boxer but I can't stand his attitude lol.

BTW, Boxrec's ratings are stupid. Pay them no heed. You have to be a rocket scientist to figure out how their system works.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Huck has absolutely zero chance against Haye.

Comment

He's a real caveman in there in terms of skill. He's had a great run as Euro and World Champ, but the only times he's stepped up to fighting world class guys he's come up short. Barely got by Afolabi, completely beaten by Lebedev.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Haye is too fast and hits too damm hard he will make huck miss and beat him up in all the exchanges.
                    But yes if haye somehave looses his legs and just puts his hands up on ropes like Roy jones of old he wil be in big trouble

It would look like the woods vs jones fighter
                    Last edited by 110110110; 07-21-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X