Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Rakhim Chakhiev bring HW division to life?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
    No. He's too short.

Most of his amateur fights were at light heavyweight, although he won Olympic Gold in the "under 200" category.
    Tyson was smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackjack420 View Post
      Tyson was smaller.
      tyson hit like a truck and had the speed of a middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        I understand that you as an individual may believe what you have bolded above is true, but as for me and most other fans and just about every analyst will tell you, the division is in the dumps. I love boxing yet I can not bring myself to watch any current heavyweights and historically that is my favorite division.
        That's because the division IS in bad shape in the USA - there are only a few decent prospects like Wilder, and no outstanding ones.

But even in the UK there are now some very good up-and-comers like Price, Dallas and Chisora.

And in mainland Europe there are some very talented ones like Glazkov and Boytsov.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
          That's because the division IS in bad shape in the USA - there are only a few decent prospects like Wilder, and no outstanding ones.

But even in the UK there are now some very good up-and-comers like Price, Dallas and Chisora.

And in mainland Europe there are some very talented ones like Glazkov and Boytsov.
          hmmm, I guess we just have different tastes in what is entertaining in a heavyweight fighter. I like guys in my sig, and the guys you listed above just don't fit that criteria.

I would never pay a dime to watch any of the guys you listed above.

Comment

I understand that you as an individual may believe what you have bolded above is true, but as for me and most other fans and just about every analyst will tell you, the division is in the dumps. I love boxing yet I can not bring myself to watch any current heavyweights and historically that is my favorite division.
            This has more to do with your big U.S. network not televising enough Heavyweights, then the talent itself.

There are only a few spots available in the year, and they want the flashy guys.

Joe Messi was a garbage ass heavyweight, and HBO pushed him with showcase fights every few months. They won't do the same for a Eastern-Euro undefeated guy with more talent than Messi. Hence you will never really hear about him beyond Boxrec & guys posting youtube clips on NSB about them.

Comment

As I said in the rbr thread, too small. He should be in the CW division

Comment

hmmm, I guess we just have different tastes in what is entertaining in a heavyweight fighter. I like guys in my sig, and the guys you listed above just don't fit that criteria.

I would never pay a dime to watch any of the guys you listed above.

Alright, so it's strictly about entertainment then, not how effective at winning the fighter is. Cool, you're entitled to pay and not pay for whatever fight or fighter you want, based on what you find entertaining.

I loved Gatti as a fighter, I like Michael Katsidis the same, that guy is a badass and never in a boring fight. But I would never put them on a pedestal above guys like Mayweather, who are just better then them. If I'll pay for something, I wanna pay for the best. Not based on who can draw more blood per fight.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Well, considering he's a CW...

Comment

Working...
                  X