No announcement yet.

Head of elite Iranian force killed in airstrike at Baghdad airport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by man down View Post
    To be fair, their guy in Tehran was saying that this was what the Iran state media was reporting and that it wasn't confirmed. They didn't really state it as fact.

Shrug. I feel like if there were casualties we'd know for sure by now. Especially of any significant magnitude.

Comment

• apparently Iran saying this is the end of it and don't want to escalate.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        We are dealing with Iran.

I guess the US government knows something we don't. First being independent doesn't mean one stops importing oil and locking oil away in reserves. It only means production exceeds consumption. And it is usually based on estimate of oil reserve. That oil reserve, i believe is in Shale, right?

However, at the moment it has been predicted that companies are eating themselves by overproducing shale oil, so the question is, is production sustainable when exploration and production companies are going bankrupt? Only a matter of time before production is halt to increase profit to prevent more companies from going under. When this happens, will production able to match consumption? Shale is only good as the profit it yields and, as of now, it is bringing nothing.

Also, if US is indeed independent and now an exporter of net oil, it means Iran, a longtime rival, is a huge competitor, with the third largest oil reserve, so why not take them out and tighten the market and secure a profitable market share. I see plenty reasons for them to be there. America is good at fooling the world, more so their own people. Listen, i understand why you guys are on America's side, but i don't have to, as i am not American. I don't have a dog in the fight, so i can be more objective.

I've been in the oil industry for 40 years and you're going to lecture me on market share, shale economics, and oil reserves?

Yes I'm American but I'm also a geologist that thinks logically AND I am not a Trumptard.

Whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          Basically, I can't identify the group of people that encouraged attacking Syria but are discouraging attacking Iran. Who would you say //// is talking about?
          Huh? I mentioned no such group

The same people clamoring to invade Syria wanted to sour US relations with Assad's state backing (Russia/Iran) and drove the collusion hoax.

It's not a preference for Iran over Syria. It's about keeping the Cold War alive as political leverage.
          Last edited by ////; 01-08-2020, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Some speculation that the Iranians accidently shot down a Ukrainian passenger plane while enacting 'ultimate revenge' on the USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by ΣNΣMY View Post
              Some speculation that the Iranians accidently shot down a Ukrainian passenger plane while enacting 'ultimate revenge' on the USA.
              Lol seriously?

Damn what a **** show

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Lol seriously?

Damn what a **** show
                https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cal-media.html

Comment

• Jesus

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                    What’s with your anti American terrorist sympathizing ass lately? Get the hell out of this country and go elsewhere then.
                    Just an objective observer. As i have stated, i understand why you guys are siding with the US, but i don't have to. All it takes is some honesty to say you know your country is wrong, but you have to defend them, because what is good for them will presumably be good for you. Also, you can't bring arrogance to people and not expect them to shot it down. You guys have been bragging about American might, so it is fair game to point out their defeat, despite their super power status.

It obvious what Trump is doing and it is working. Notice it is election year for his second term and with his arrogance, you think he wants to be remembered as a one term president? He will use the tried and proven method that every incumbent president used when their popularity is waning, and that is to star a war. It is what makes America, and it is what sustains America, worse so with this impeachment scandal hovering over his head.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                      Just an objective observer. As i have stated, i understand why you guys are siding with the US, but i don't have to. All it takes is some honesty to say you know your country is wrong, but you have to defend them, because what is good for them will presumably be good for you. Also, you can't bring arrogance to people and not expect them to shot it down. You guys have been bragging about American might, so it is fair game to point out their defeat, despite their super power status.

It obvious what Trump is doing and it is working. Notice it is election year for his second term and with his arrogance, you think he wants to be remembered as a one term president? He will use the tried and proven method that every incumbent president used when their popularity is waning, and that is to star a war. It is what makes America, and it is what sustains America, worse so with this impeachment scandal hovering over his head.
                      So if no Americans were killed and he says he doesn't want war unless Americans are killed in his address tomorrow what will you say?

Comment

Working...
                      X