BREAKING NEWS: Lebron James named the Athlete of the Decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
    basketball is an international sport.
    Not really, it’s probably viewed how football (soccer) is viewed in the states

I would have Bolt as number 1... easy stand out winner..
    With messi and Ronaldo, they are once in a lifetime players around at the same time, it’s hard to put one over the other and when you talk about talent pools, there isn’t a bigger one than the global sport of football.
    Tennis is a privileged sport, gymnastics is for midgets, swimming competitively is also fringe..
    It doesn’t mean they are not outstanding athletes in those sports but it’s not as impressive
    Last edited by Armchairhero; 12-30-2019, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I'm speechless

Comment

Takes fighting for fun to new ret@rded levels

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          bolt, phelphs, ronaldo, floyd, messi deserved it more
          Floyd? Lol! How can someone that fought half a decade be named "*anything* of the Decade"

Apart from beating a young weight drained Canelo and an injured Pacquiao, his wins this decade were abysmal.

Sucker-punched Ortiz to win, Guerrero, Berto, McGregor? Oh yeah taking real risks right there.

50 year old unroided Mosley and a Cotto that had already been beaten more handedly by Margarito and Pac. But that's always the case with Gayweather, he never beats anyone more impressively, like his win vs McGregor, Khabib whipped his ass more impressively and in his own sport.

He got beat by Maidana in the first fight, then paid him off to lose the second one with the pillow gloves. Or was it the other way around? Which fight did Floyd pay Maidana to lose and use pillow gloves, and which one was the one he loaded himself with every advantage, the ring size, judges and ref in his back pocket, paying off the NSAC to look the other way from his PED samples?

Conman of the decade is more like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
            Floyd? Lol! How can someone that fought half a decade be named "*anything* of the Decade"

Apart from beating a young weight drained Canelo and an injured Pacquiao, his wins this decade were abysmal.

Sucker-punched Ortiz to win, Guerrero, Berto, McGregor? Oh yeah taking real risks right there.

50 year old unroided Mosley and a Cotto that had already been beaten more handedly by Margarito and Pac. But that's always the case with Gayweather, he never beats anyone more impressively, like his win vs McGregor, Khabib whipped his ass more impressively and in his own sport.

He got beat by Maidana in the first fight, then paid him off to lose the second one with the pillow gloves. Or was it the other way around? Which fight did Floyd pay Maidana to lose and use pillow gloves, and which one was the one he loaded himself with every advantage, the ring size, judges and ref in his back pocket, paying off the NSAC to look the other way from his PED samples?

My phone won't let me give you any negative reputation. But as soon as I get back home and get on my computer, that's the first thing you're going to get.

You loser

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post

those are good and reasonable points

green k for making me see the light

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
                Lebron is the athlete of the decade and Kawhi has owned him since 2014(half of the decade) . What does that make Kawhi?
                Lol exactly...

Comment

Lebron James is doing nothing we have not seen before, athletes such as Usain Bolt & Michael Phelps in sports? Where opinions means nothing, DID things that we have never seen before. As soon as Lebron James retires he will be replaced, by the next poster boy for basketball.

Usain Bolt was pretty much 40 years ahead of his time, statistically when you study his performances etc 'I am not stating that to sound really profound, statistically he was 40 years ahead of his time. This can be measured by the rate of improvements, or how much he pushed the envelope of human performance.

In a sport which deals with such small margin's of error, where a afew hundredths of a second? Can be the difference between 1st and last 'Usain Bolt totally changed the game'.

'Lebron James has not changed how people view the sport of basketball' Is he the best scorer of the game? No. I understand people get all emotional when you see afew highlights of basketball players dunking or whatever. But Lebron James as a athlete has not changed how people view the sport of basketball 'He is basketball's IT boy for now, and he will be replaced when he retires'.

Usain Bolt has changed how people view the sport of athletics and more specifically sprinting. Both from a emotional/societal perspective, and also from a scientific perspective.In 1968 1 year before the Moon landings, the sub-10 100m barrier was broken, Jim Hines recorded a time of 9.95sec to win the Gold Medal at the Mexico Olympics 'A time set at altitude'

'Usain Bolt had the ability to break the 10 second barrier from blocks, running a 200 meter bend' Bolt has ran 9.92 seconds on a 200m bend during a race'

To be honest I stopped watching sprinting or not following it as much during Bolt's era, mainly because? I did not understand what was happening 'My logic and understanding of physics was no longer syncing with reality'. If Usain Bolt entered into the matrix he would probably beat NEO, in a sport which is dominated by science and statistics 'Bolt had a unique mentality, he seemingly had a disregard for science' It was probably something to do with his culture.

Usain Bolt during the later part of his career revealed a new dimension to his game, he was many times not 100% fit 'But still somehow he was able to always raise his game' from a psychological perspective he is one of the strongest athletes I have seen 'He was notorious for making technical mistakes during his early career, but during the later part of his career he began to STILL improve technically in a damaged body.

Without a shadow of a doubt Usain Bolt for me IS the athlete of the decade.

Note: Since Usain Bolt's retirement from athletics there has been a void, there will be no void when Lebron James retires as basketball players are produced on a conveyor belt 'And the people within the sport, and the media will look to replace him' In certain other sports, this replacement process is not as simple.

Usain Bolt was a star a burning sun metaphorically speaking, and once a star burns out? It does not comeback, at-least not in this realm of reality.
                  Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-30-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                    How can Serena be there? She is not even the greatest tennis athlete. They should do a female list by itself.
                    They did. lol. Lebron is the Male Athlete of the decade.

The female athlete of the decade is.....Serena Williams. lol

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                      My phone won't let me give you any negative reputation. But as soon as I get back home and get on my computer, that's the first thing you're going to get.

You loser
                      I red k'd you on mine. You're too stupid to figure out how to do it on your phone.

Then again all flömos are stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X