Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Offers Charlo One-Fight Deal For Andrade May Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dreamer213 View Post
    So now your affiliated with PBC???
    Nobody said that.

Are you gonna deny the video where Charlo says he's his own boss and free to fight wherever he wants???
    Nobody denied that.

That's clearly stating he's NOT tied to Fox or Showtime.
    No it's not stating that at all. It means he's kept his freedom to cross the street in rare instances where it makes sense. That doesn't mean you cross the street to fight a B-side. B-sides cross the street to fight you. Big difference.

He'll pull the same card Erroll Spence did when Golden Boy offered him 20 million to cross the street and fight Canelo....
    Spence and Canelo are two weight classes apart. Would have been a sucker deal for Spence to sell his 0 for 20 million when he's already making 10 million a fight and is quickly becoming one of the biggest stars in the sport.

Charlo would take 15 million to fight Canelo on DAZN in a one off, but that's a stupid fight for Golden Boy to make. History shows that it's a mistake for fighters to drop down two classes after moving up. Golden Boy is stupid though. Maybe they'll do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      And Charlo is contractually tied to PBC and PBC is contractually tied to Fox and Showtime.
      So Charlo was lying when he said he was his own boss? And when he said he would go over to DAZN for one fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Themanager View Post
        Mungia doesn’t have a chance in hell of beating anyone the caliber of Charlo or Andrade at this point. He would get destroyed. He needs some serious work !! He’s going to need years to get there.
        He'll be more comfortable at 160, I expect to see much better performances from him starting on January 11th, his second fight with Erik Morales as his trainer. Early 2021 he will be ready to take Charlo's belt.

Comment

If you want to use the strictest criteria possible and declare that boxing is only allowed to have one star, be my guest. I don't argue opinions.
          There is nothing wrong with arguing about opinions. What you cannot argue about is facts. Stop conflating the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            he offered charlo(allegedly) with DAZNs money and blessing though..its like "here overpay charlo see if you can get him to fight because we arent letting him fight any of our top MWs"....thats a problem in itself right there yet nobody seems to think so...theyre all just like "well they offered charlo a butt ton of money so yeah whats the deal charlo"...
            That's Al Haymon's problem. When you have one promoter who is happy to negotiate through the media while the other one is manipulating events in the background like a Sith Lord whose possible existence is only spoken about in whispers (had to get a Star Wars reference in honor of this weekend) its real easy for that other promoter to control the narrative. For all we know Eddie Hearn faxed Charlo a picture of his prick instead of a one fight deal for however many millions of dollars. But when one said says something happens and the other side doesn't dispute it what are people supposed to think?

like i said..imagine spence is over at the pbc fighting nobody after nobody with all those WWs sitting there....imagine the hate and flack ......whats the deal with DAZN...why cant hearn land a top MW right at home?
            I don't have to imagine. That happens right now with Terrence Crawford. I don't care about networks either way. I just want the best to fight the best. I don't want to hear crap about A-sides versus B-sides. I want the best to fight the best. If you can't get a fight with a particular fighter fine. Get the best available guy who is willing to take the fight. Overpay them if you have to. But get them in the ring and beat them. Sooner or later the guy you want to fight won't be able to ignore you anymore.

Demetious Andrade can't get Canelo or GGG. Get Charlo or Dervychenko. Crawford can't get Spence or Pacquio. Then go get Shawn Porter or Danny Garcia. If they don't want to fight you either than move on to Yordenis Ugas or whichever next highest ranked guy is willing to accept Bob Arum's money.
            Last edited by yankees7448; 12-20-2019, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lieutenant View Post
              He'll be more comfortable at 160, I expect to see much better performances from him starting on January 11th, his second fight with Erik Morales as his trainer. Early 2021 he will be ready to take Charlo's belt.
              Not unless the added pounds includes better technique and defense.

Comment

You're completely misrepresenting Charlo's importance in the marketplace.

Who is offering Jesse Hart or Sullivan Barrera 7 million US dollars right now for one fight?
                Eh, maybe it was a slight over exaggeration (comparison to Hart), but nope, not misrepresenting anything. Charlo is currently not important at all. He has no name at 160, at all.

Charlo is getting an insane offer for 2 reasons - he's holding onto a belt, and Hearn really needs a legitimate opponent for Andrade if he ever has a hope to build him up.

Comment

• Charlo is definitely not his own boss. It's a very risky fight for charlo to take regardless. Andrade toys with him and could make him quit on his stool out of frustration. Over at pbc, he risks losing to a dangerous derevyanchenko, a very fast and relentless big MW, chris eubank jr. Jermall doesn't seem to be in a hurry fighting these guys who are high risk, low reward, and seems content fighting lesser guys given to him. He wants a payday with canelo or ggg, and doesn't mind losing to them for $$$. I do feel that canelo/ggg are avoiding jermall, but jermall also realises that guys like chenko, eubank jr and andrade are very risky fights. All of these guys are going to continue to play hide and seek with each other to stagnate the division despite the talent pool.
                  Last edited by Lance98; 12-20-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Nobody said that.

Nobody denied that.

No it's not stating that at all. It means he's kept his freedom to cross the street in rare instances where it makes sense. That doesn't mean you cross the street to fight a B-side. B-sides cross the street to fight you. Big difference.

Spence and Canelo are two weight classes apart. Would have been a sucker deal for Spence to sell his 0 for 20 million when he's already making 10 million a fight and is quickly becoming one of the biggest stars in the sport.

Charlo would take 15 million to fight Canelo on DAZN in a one off, but that's a stupid fight for Golden Boy to make. History shows that it's a mistake for fighters to drop down two classes after moving up. Golden Boy is stupid though. Maybe they'll do it.
                    For a guy who calls himself a businessman even though your making NO MONEY of any boxing you sure act like you know allot... 😂
                    Who ever said Canelo was gonna drop back to middleweight??? If Canelo was to fight Charlo or Andrade then im sure it would be at 168 or at least at a catchweight.
                    Canelo can do that, he's the A side...
                    But even if Canelo fought Charlo at middleweight it wouldn't be a problem. Charlo is easy money for Canelo. Andrade not so much...
                    But you can say Golden Boy is stupid but they are far from it. That's why they always manage to get Canelo every advantage they can. Cause they are FAR from stupid. It's the opponents who bow down to Canelo's every demand who are stupid...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamer213 View Post
                      For a guy who calls himself a businessman even though your making NO MONEY of any boxing you sure act like you know allot... 😂
                      There ya go making absolute declarations about things you couldn't possibly know one way or the other. You have no idea who pays me. How can anyone have a good faith discussion with you when you're so willing to spread false information?

Comment

Working...
                      X