Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone watch Khan-Brook on Ringside?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone watch Khan-Brook on Ringside?

Khan was acting like a bit of an idiot, he kept cutting Brook off, I missed the first 10 minutes though, so don't know what happened before.

They were respectful at first.

All kicked off when the infamous "Sparring session" got brought up

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      They were respectful at first.

All kicked off when the infamous "Sparring session" got brought up
      Ha ha right!

My opinion has always been that it is very unlikely that Brook did well in those sparring sessions, Khan had way more experience at that particular time.

Now though I could see Brook catching Khan similar to the way Garcia did, between a combination. Lots of variables though, not sure if Brook hits as hard as Garcia, and not sure if he is even all that great, still unproven. I also don't know why Khan constantly talks about knocking guys out, that is what got him knocked out against Garcia, he never learns his lesson, very unintelligent.

Larry Merchant had the perfect descriptive of Khan in the Garcia fight, "he looked like a line drive hitter trying to hit home runs."

He does come out with some brilliant quotes.

Comment

Why even acknowledge Khan anymore? The guy has no bearing on boxing whatsoever. He came in, looked fast against some weak opposition, barely survived Maidana and lost 2 in a row. He is literally nobody.

Comment

Its funny Khan brought up Brook declining a title shot vs Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
            Why even acknowledge Khan anymore? The guy has no bearing on boxing whatsoever. He came in, looked fast against some weak opposition, barely survived Maidana and lost 2 in a row. He is literally nobody.
            I endorse this post.

Comment

barely survived Maidana? Khan beat that kid pretty easy and this was when Maidana was at 140 where he was strong.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                barely survived Maidana? Khan beat that kid pretty easy and this was when Maidana was at 140 where he was strong.
                I seem to remember thinking Khan wasn't going to make it through round 10. Maybe I just imagined that, but I have been sober for 5 years so I think I know what I saw that night.

There is nothing worse than a fighter with a big mouth who never backs it up. For some reason, the UK seems to send a lot of them over to the U.S.

Khan and Haye have been two of the biggest disappointments I've seen since I've followed this sport. I didn't expect Haye to beat the Klitschko's, but I at least expected him to put up a fight. Khan was supposed to tear through 140 and 147 and become a contender to Mayweather or Pacquiao. Well, that's pretty much never going to happen.

Comment

I seem to remember thinking Khan wasn't going to make it through round 10. Maybe I just imagined that, but I have been sober for 5 years so I think I know what I saw that night.

There is nothing worse than a fighter with a big mouth who never backs it up. For some reason, the UK seems to send a lot of them over to the U.S.

Khan and Haye have been two of the biggest disappointments I've seen since I've followed this sport. I didn't expect Haye to beat the Klitschko's, but I at least expected him to put up a fight. Khan was supposed to tear through 140 and 147 and become a contender to Mayweather or Pacquiao. Well, that's pretty much never going to happen.
                  and both chavez jr and pavlik knocked down martinez but the rest of the fight was pretty one-sided.. it happens in boxing, overall khan was a league above maidana.

can't agree with haye and khan being disappointments, they're both still among the best in the world in their respective divisions and I'd still pick them to beat almost anyone in their divisions.

haye has called out vitali for over a year now, it's more disappointing that vitali has decided to duck him for so long when vitali is the champion and haye is one of the only legitimate threats in the entire division.

Comment

LOL if you think Haye deserves to fight Vitali after that piss poor "fight" he put up against Wlad, you're nuts. You don't get a big payday for being a pu$$y. Haye is the biggest ***** I've ever seen after that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X