No announcement yet.

(VIDEO)11-17-12 Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (VIDEO)11-17-12 Sparring

I think I did shyt. Haha. I won't post nothing but good sessions, I gotta keep it real.:sarcastic:

I think I gotta retire wearing the 18s and putting on the 16s.

Vers you're an *******, I said change that camera!!! Besides that not bad at all. One thing I did notice was that for the most part your head movement is really good but at soon as you start slipping and weaving your legs become completely stationary so the other guy misses but also gets to escape. Keep it up though! And by god change that camera!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
      Vers you're an *******, I said change that camera!!! Besides that not bad at all. One thing I did notice was that for the most part your head movement is really good but at soon as you start slipping and weaving your legs become completely stationary so the other guy misses but also gets to escape. Keep it up though! And by god change that camera!!!
      Still working on getting that camera. Haha. And good observation with the legs. They were telling me to bob and weave but keep coming forward. I don't know what the hell I was doing.

Comment

Everybody has those days. The first time I sparred Joan Guzman at Gleason's I couldn't for the life of me move forward whenever I parried his jab till I realized I'm giving this guy to much respect and as soon as I took my first step in while I parried, I landed my jab. I was like wtf I couldn't do this **** before!?

Edit: I mentioned that experience because I could already do that but for some reason was to preoccupied with just parrying his shot in case the right came and then I was like **** it I know exactly what to do. So either you know exactly what to do or it was just that particular person that gave you headaches that day. Either way just step in with each slip...ummm....how do I explain it? Like you're walking in and slipping at the same time if that makes any sense?
        Last edited by {Pito}; 11-18-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
          Everybody has those days. The first time I sparred Joan Guzman at Gleason's I couldn't for the life of me move forward whenever I parried his jab till I realized I'm giving this guy to much respect and as soon as I took my first step in while I parried, I landed my jab. I was like wtf I couldn't do this **** before!?

Edit: I mentioned that experience because I could already do that but for some reason was to preoccupied with just parrying his shot in case the right came and then I was like **** it I know exactly what to do. So either you know exactly what to do or it was just that particular person that gave you headaches that day. Either way just step in with each slip...ummm....how do I explain it? Like you're walking in and slipping at the same time if that makes any sense?
          I was day dreaming in there. Hahaha. And I get what you mean by walking in and slipping. Joe Frazier did it a lot.

Comment

Nice head movement.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
              Nice head movement.
              I appreciate it.

Comment

This sparring partner gave you a lot better work. Like I mentioned before, I like your balance and footwork. Also, you have some nice upper body movement.

Comment

Originally posted by VersaBan View Post

I think I did shyt. Haha. I won't post nothing but good sessions, I gotta keep it real.:sarcastic:

I think I gotta retire wearing the 18s and putting on the 16s.
                  I can say this with certainty i would HATE to spar against you lol. You got allot of great things that are working bud! I have a question do you hit the bag and work mitts with gloves that big?

If yes then i would wear 12 or 10 when doing all that other stuff and only spar with 16oz i think that it limits the explosiveness you already have. build your fast quick twitch muscles.

besides that you have really good movement and cut off the rig well. At times i feel you a bit to close to your opponent when you have him on the ropes you pause once you have him pinned. i would say mix up light safe shots to keep him busy then unload.

man i would hate to spar you lol, i'm more like the second guy you sparred with.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                    I can say this with certainty i would HATE to spar against you lol. You got allot of great things that are working bud! I have a question do you hit the bag and work mitts with gloves that big?

If yes then i would wear 12 or 10 when doing all that other stuff and only spar with 16oz i think that it limits the explosiveness you already have. build your fast quick twitch muscles.

besides that you have really good movement and cut off the rig well. At times i feel you a bit to close to your opponent when you have him on the ropes you pause once you have him pinned. i would say mix up light safe shots to keep him busy then unload.

man i would hate to spar you lol, i'm more like the second guy you sparred with.
                    Thanks a lot. And I hit the bag with 14 or 16s but as my fight gets closer, I'm going to go down to 12s. And I use 18s for their safety, not mine. I haha.

Comment

Working...
                    X